Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hungarian M-37 Pistol

Article about: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firear...-please-14287/ Interesting ground found Hungarian on both page 1 & 2 (guns, that is)

?

Good looking and good quality gun.

These were liked by the Luftwaffe IIRC.

EDIT: Just now noticed the buckle.

Here some nice pics and info on the well made handgun (including the Luftwaffe angle):
    Hungarian Weapons Frommer Handguns

The Hungarian M37 auto pistol. - Free Online Library

MG42.US • View topic - Femaru M37 1943 Luftwaffe rig, matching mags

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...mod-37-a-7147/

As for Eastern European guns, Ive always liked this and the CZ27

The gun and holster are, however, hungarian army version, not German contract versions.

?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    The gun and holster are, however, hungarian army version, not German contract versions.
    In regards to some of the handguns Germany used from foreign countries, you basically cant know which unit they belonged to, if they are unmarked, so that doesnt matter.

Gun has no added safety (as required by the german contract) and also has a hungarian crown above the trigger, also comes with a Hungarian army holster, not either of the two types of german contract holsters.
    Anything is possible, true, but this is a hungarian army issue gun.
    German gun was also .32 ACP while hungarian gun was .380

?

Gun has no added safety (as required by the german contract) and also has a hungarian crown above the trigger, also comes with a Hungarian army holster, not either of the two types of german contract holsters.
    Anything is possible, true, but this is a hungarian army issue gun.
    German gun was also .32 ACP while hungarian gun was .380
    I repeat, it doesnt matter; Germany gobbled up all guns they could lay their mitts on from many different countries and they were chronically too short hence pressed everything into service (logistics must have been pure hell; 'Im in a forward position in a fluid combat scenario a few hundred clicks from Moscow and I need a firing pin for an for a Pistole 35(p), or Astra' and more in that vein).
    So in some cases a gun could well have been used by the Germans in spite of markings or official contracts ......or not.

You simply cant categorically claim a 100% knowledge of it not being used by German forces....or vice versa for that matter.

BUT if you read post number one, you will see that the gun came directly from the veterans family hence was a one owner gun/rig for many decades.

IF the belt (buckle) and holster followed the gun all those years from being 'liberated' by a GI, that might be a hint to you in regards to whom used the gun.

Mr. Grist might confirm this, if he knows.

Again, I don't disagree that anything is possible, but it is equally likely these came together at some later date by someone who heard the stories of them being issued to the German Air-force.

?

Did you read my post at all?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Did you read my post at all?
    You edited your post after my reply, so my apologies. I was responding to yoru unedited post. I wasn't prescient about your changes or wouldn't have bothered to respond.

?

You edited your post after my reply, so my apologies. I was responding to yoru unedited post.
    Uhhh, excuse me. I added info. My POV and the grist....sorry, the gist of my reply remains the same

Apart from that, the OP has not been edited; it states that it came from the vets family yesterday AND a Luftwaffe buckle is seen in the pic.

But as I stated above - we cant know, as they used all the guns they got hold of. Marking, contracts notwithstanding

Again, I don't disagree that anything is possible, but it is equally likely these came together at some later date by someone who heard the stories of them being issued to the German Air-force.
    I of course agree 100%. The above quote goes without saying, as I stated above, maybe Mr. Grist can confirm, if the knows and trusts the family. Again, in light of the Germans using all guns they ran across, that hardly matters.

In regards to foreign guns pressed into service:

Herr Hauptmann Dipl.-Ing. Wilhelm Traub, Kommandeur of Pionier-Bataillon 305/305.Infanterie-Division, take cover amongs the rubble of the gun factory "Barrikady", Stalingrad, before Operation Hubertus (9-12 November 1942).

There was no German contract for the PPSh either

Some were rechambered by the Germans (it was that much liked and used), but that is neither here nor there in regards to the subjhect at hand.

Bottom line is that the Germans used very weapon they could lay their hands on. Markings, contracts, tales and general rumours notwithstanding

You will see the strangest guns used - more and more so, as the war progressively turned to the worse for the Germans and their manufacturing capability and logistics got even more screwed up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hungarian M-37 Pistol   Hungarian M-37 Pistol  

What a beautiful set!!
    Thank you for sharing Bill.

Cheers
    Nuno

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast