Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy

Article about: These are neat little carbines,International Business Machines is the maker.They got a late start in 1943 producing these carbines,I think these are the fewest carbines made of the 10 ww2 co

Default IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy

These are neat little carbines,International Business Machines is the maker.They got a late start in 1943 producing these carbines,I think these are the fewest carbines made of the 10 ww2 contractors.Still has a faint cross cannon cartouch on stock.Bought at a gunshow for 699.00.30 cal M1 is not a huge powerful cartridge but it did the job in mid to close quarters combat.Not a dead kill caliber like a 30 06 Garand but the thinking was a light shorter easy to handle weapon,and even wounding an enemy soldier would probably put him out of the fighting.Am sure 100 yard kills were not out of the question!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy   IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy  

IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy   IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy  

IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy  

Very nice carbine Toecutter. IBM was in the middle of the pack as far as production numbers go. IBM had one contract for 346,500 guns. Without serial number I would say yours went through the typical rebuild where the adjustable sight and Type 3 barrel band was put on. Would have to look in my book when if they changed to a flip safety as normal production or if it was also part of the rebuild. Early IBM contract guns had type I stocks and later had type III. What stock markings remain? I cannot remember if they changed bolts during production. Some details of the internals and full serial number would help. You got a very good buy for a nice gun.
    John

?

Great price and great looking. Winner winner!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks John and Phil!Yes a typical rebuild carbine I believe,stock made by Inland marked IO but another marking too.Ser. no.is under rear site but looks like 386xxxx has the AO on receiver.Wish it was all correct but for the money I think a good deal too,the rebuild is part of it history.Am sure its probably a CMP sold carbine,no import marks is a plus!The barrel is undated with a Winchester proof so probably a replaced barrel not sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy   IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy  

IBM M1 carbine 1943 buy  

A very nice carbine at a steal of a price! Absolutely a great rebuild rifle as most were.
    John

Thanks John!They are neat carbines,light weight,you could carry one all day and not be too worse for wear .The garands and k98s at near 10 pounds would have been heavy to pack around,not to mention the ammo .

Yes you did very well,
    A Carbine that went thru the post WWII rebuild program, Rebuilt by Standard Products.
    Auto Ordnance Receiver made for IBM....
    WRA barrel....
    S E Overton stock with Crossed cannons stamp made for Inland....
    Early Flat Bolt....... etc

Not knowing who made the bolt, type and maker of the Trigger housing and internal housing parts.
    Type and maker of the Op Slide, Magcatch, OH and don't forget to ID the Butt plate, some are getting very collectible..etc.

I recently watched a couple different auctions of WRA barrels sell for over $350+ each.
    A AO/IBM receiver fetch over $450+
    Average flat bolts $125+, Op Slides $75+, Trigger housings (stripped) $ 85+, More $$ for rarer makers ......
    Well... you can do the math. Enjoy it, shoot it and Thanks for sharing it !
    Nothing better than both the seller and buyer walking away happy.
    I believe in this case....... The Buyer walked away a little Happier !

Cheers,

VR,
    Charlie-Painter777

PS: Yes WRA Barrel is a replacement. IBM didn't use them during War time production.
    Last edited by painter777; 03-30-2019 at 02:32 AM. Reason: add PS

Thanks Charlie,appreciate it!Some great info,need to check out and ID some more of the parts .

Very nice carbine.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.