Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Identification - Gun Sighter?

Article about: Hello all I am new to this forum and have a general interest in history particularly the two world wars. I am enjoying reading the various topics that are covered in the forum. (This may hav

sbillot
    ?

Default Identification - Gun Sighter?

Hello all
    I am new to this forum and have a general interest in history particularly the two world wars. I am enjoying reading the various topics that are covered in the forum.
    (This may have posted this in the wrong place - please move if necessary)
    I was given what looks like a gun sighter by my Uncle some years ago. I would be interested to know what type of weapon it may be and how old it may be.
    The case looks to be designed so it can be fitted to someones belt. The only markings I can find on the sighter are "0420" (might be a serial number?) and on one of the bolts there is "RIBE DRP 8G"
    Many thanks
    Simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification - Gun Sighter?   Identification - Gun Sighter?  

cobra
    ?

Default Re: Identification - Gun Sighter?

At first glance I thought it might fit a G-43 but the rubber eye shield would not work. There was a K-98 mount called a slant mount for the left side of the rifle that attached to a rail on the receiver, This mount looks as though it would fit on that rail. I have never seen one on the K-98 though. Keep looking.It,s an interesting piece. Cobra

Looks like a Communist Block rail.Most likely an RPG sight or some type of "launcher" from the 70s-to 80s era.My best guess,I have some sights with similar rail,I will try to take some pics

sbillot
    ?

Many thanks for the info. It is good to get an inclination to its possible age and what is off of.

Regards
    Simon