Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Identify Drum Magazine

Article about: Hello All, I am trying to find information on the magazine that I recently acquired. The individual I got this from said her father had a tag attached to it at one time describing the piece

It looks like it may be for a 7.92mm round. Defo not the same as dummy .303 round of the Bren drum. Can you see any 'K' markings, I know you've looked but if you look for a specific letter you may see it. The K is for Kelvinator not as in K gun.

?

It looks like a Russian DP LMG mag to me.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I'm no DP expert but it doesn't look like any DP28 pan mag I've seen. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a commonwealth drum mag.

Sure is an interesting one.
    The Belgians used the K gun in 7.7mm semi rimmed round I think.I may be incorrect on this though
    Last edited by Thanatos; 09-02-2014 at 07:36 AM.

?

Thanks again to all for the responses. I have searched all suggestions and can find no matches. Some close but nothing exact. There are no other markings to be seen other than what is posted. Do we believe this to be WW2 era or earlier?? Here are a couple other pictures that show the strap that crosses the entire diameter of mag unlike others that do not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify Drum Magazine   Identify Drum Magazine  

What about the Gast gun?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    It looks like a Russian DP LMG mag to me.....Pete.
    Yes I thought it was a DT (tank machine-gun) magazine - but doesn't look quite right.
    Here is a link to a picture - FileT tank machine gun 1.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

Not DP or DT...
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

There was a later model called the DPM with the type of mag. posted,apparently the Chinese also produced the DPM and made their own style mags,so maybe.......but I have been wrong before.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Not DPM either, it's so close to a K and Bren drum that it must be of commonwealth origin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast