Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Indonesian made weapons in 1945 - 1949

Article about: Since i don't have any camera to share my newest finding, it's difficult for me to active in the forum again. But still nevertheless i'll show you some of my finding as the best as i could.

Hello Feldgrau,

I know of no TNI produced weapons in Dutch museums. I'll ask around!

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Felfgrau,

I wonder why they made at least four different copies of the Sten?

Producing the copy of the KNIL M39 (MP28-II) is more costly and time consuming then producing Sten copies, so why not stick to one Sten copy?

Where did the TNI get it's ammo? They can't have captured it all from the Dutch. The TNI would have had need of .303, 6.5 mm Mannlicher, 9 mm Para and the various Japanese calibers. That would have been a suppliers nightmare!

Cheers,
    Emile
    I wonder it too. Maybe with making so many type of weapon will give impression to the men and people that the republic side have more than enough capability to produce weapon? Hence raising the morale in the republic side? Weapon first, ammo later. Also demakijo as a tool of propaganda too?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Very informative Timur. Great work Regards Larry
    Thank you sir.

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Felfgrau,

I wonder why they made at least four different copies of the Sten?

Producing the copy of the KNIL M39 (MP28-II) is more costly and time consuming then producing Sten copies, so why not stick to one Sten copy?

Where did the TNI get it's ammo? They can't have captured it all from the Dutch. The TNI would have had need of .303, 6.5 mm Mannlicher, 9 mm Para and the various Japanese calibers. That would have been a suppliers nightmare!

Cheers,
    Emile
    Hi Emile..I feel like anything else in necessity....trade and commerce with other countries always brings in items of necessity. Only through the right people and the right connections. Nothing is impossible!
    We see it in modern day military dealers ..and will sell to anyone who has the cash..or textiles. Indonesia is no different and is rich in many textiles in demand in the western countries.
    I do agree the Dutch left much behind during their occupation..and still to this day..in some of the most remote places..this period ammo can still be found. Yet corroded in some cases.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I found this photograph of a Dutch captured TNI Sten copy. Really of a handy size!

Cheers,
    Emile

Wow that's the first time i saw that kind of gun.
    But the interesting thing is, why every SMG made in Demakijo always have a side magazine like sten? Is it the easiest mechanism to made?

I found another demakijo weapon picture
    A bolt action carbine with wire skeleton stock?
    You can see that granat gombyok on below right

Lightbulb Pren Gun

Finally i got the book about that pren gun. And it's not made by demakijo but by the student army itself, specifically by it's engineer unit called TGP (Tentara Genie Pelajar).
    As you can see the shape is similar with the demakijo's pistol mitraliur mark II but with it's muzzle flared. Or is it flash suppressor? Like the japanese LMG's? Still, pretty unique.
    The name pren gun i think it's from the maker behind that gun, a student named Pranggono. And since this SMG was based from Sten Gun, both name was blended into become Pren Gun.

Quote by feldgrau33 View Post
    Wow that's the first time i saw that kind of gun.
    But the interesting thing is, why every SMG made in Demakijo always have a side magazine like sten? Is it the easiest mechanism to made?

I found another demakijo weapon picture
    A bolt action carbine with wire skeleton stock?
    You can see that granat gombyok on below right
    Is that bolt action with the wire stock a refurbished KNIL Beaumont?

Cheers,
    Emile

Wow, if that's true, it's really unique indeed. I guess during that time there's a lot of effort to produce many kind of weapons.
    Anyway i found another demakijo weapon and another variant of granat gombyok
    A pistol mitraliur MK V, the same with emile's photo.

Hello Feldgrau!

Where did you take that picture? Very nice one! Could you translate the text?

Wish you happy holidays!

Emile

Lightbulb

Well i just found it online.
    The plaque said:
    "Weapons made by our men in Demak Ijo which used extensively by Indonesian fighters during physical revolution against netherlands in 1945 - 1949
    1. Pistol Mitraliur Sten Gun RI
    Made by Demak Ijo in (i cant read it clearly maybe 1945 or 1946), calibre (i cant read it clearly again but i think it's .38) ... (the rest i cant read it again)
    2. Granat Gombyok made in Demak Ijo in 1946"

Thank you and you too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast