Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

info on Weimar Republic Gew 98

Article about: hey guys. a couple weeks ago i picked up a couple rifles from a gentleman from up state. after a little digging, i found the gew 98 to be a weimar republic rifle. does anyone out there have

slug36
    ?

Default info on Weimar Republic Gew 98

hey guys. a couple weeks ago i picked up a couple rifles from a gentleman from up state. after a little digging, i found the gew 98 to be a weimar republic rifle. does anyone out there have any info on these rifles. seems the stock ha been "sporterized" and all of the metal work was painted black. after removing the paint i found the blueing was intact and no rust. but removing the paint destroyed the blueing. i re-blued the metal work and now im trying to find out what type of stock was used on these rifles. any help would be great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture info on Weimar Republic Gew 98   info on Weimar Republic Gew 98  

info on Weimar Republic Gew 98  

Default Re: info on Weimar Republic Gew 98

It seems to be a WW1 Gew98 that was inventoried in 1920 for Germany's 100,000 man army, and was again at some time modified to conform to 98k configuration... So I would say that a early 98k style stock would be correct....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

slug36
    ?

Default Re: info on Weimar Republic Gew 98

thanks Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.