Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iraqi Kalashnikov

Article about: Hi everyone, I have been making a collection of items bought back from the Iraq wars (1991 and 2003) and was pleased to get this deactivated AKM rifle today. It is a Romanian AIM which has b

Default Iraqi Kalashnikov

Hi everyone, I have been making a collection of items bought back from the Iraq wars (1991 and 2003) and was pleased to get this deactivated AKM rifle today. It is a Romanian AIM which has been marked with an Iraqi jeem underneath the date (a triangular mark) to show it is Iraqi military property. Shown here with a variety of other Iraqi bring back items. Any comments welcome, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi Kalashnikov   Iraqi Kalashnikov  

Iraqi Kalashnikov   Iraqi Kalashnikov  

SRB
    ?

gas mask (green) and mortar sight are from yugoslavia and ammo magazine (black) i thik also from yugoslavia (serbia)

Hello, yes indeed Yugoslavian sight and gasmask, I dont know the origin of the magazines, they are the one thing that is not known to come from Iraq.

Very nice addition to your superb collection of iraqi relics doug i like the magazine ,what is the coating on it ,plastic ? ,i can just see an image of a saddam fedayeen firing this SRB your correct on the gasmask it would be the yugoslavian version of the us m9 ,is it designated the m9c or the m59 ,i too have the same pair of gassies doug shows in a very similar condition ,thanks for sharing

Hi James, thanks for that. The magazine is entirely plastic apart from only a metal base plate and spring. I am very keen on these modern war souveneers because in most cases I have bought them from the people who souvenired them and so its possible to record some history with them. Also they are often quiet cheap!

Thanks doug ,all plastic mag ,that does surprise me ,your rifle looks a much better build quality than my E/G mpi km

SRB
    ?

if magazine are plastic they not yugoslavian or sebian (only made metal - stamped sheet metal)

Nice items, i have an Iraqi AKM type bayonet brought back from the second gulf war!..
    If i remember correctly those brick red magazines are Russian!...

Its always a pleasure to see your photographs Douglas, they are so well done!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast