Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Italian Breda, Type 30, LMG

Article about: by samnev With all due respect. A few years ago I upgraded my Nikon F3 (Film) to the Nikon D80 with a 2 auto focus Nikon lenses. 75-300 and 28-75 to the tune of \\$1500. I don't see another ca

Default Re: Italian Breda, Type 30, LMG

Quote by samnev View Post
    With all due respect. A few years ago I upgraded my Nikon F3 (Film) to the Nikon D80 with a 2 auto focus Nikon lenses. 75-300 and 28-75 to the tune of $1500. I don't see another camera in my future unless I want to get divorced.:shock_yikes: Besides think about the nice weapon I could buy for that money. I don't buy cheap or lenses.
    No disrespect meant. I like the way you think!

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    No disrespect meant. I like the way you think!
    None taken Joe. Just ticked of the next year Nikon came out with my model, now the D90 I think with HD video.

Isn't that the way it always works out? You buy an amazing piece of technology only for something more advanced to come out seemingly the next day!

I like the Bredas, I've not seen a M30 in the UK and there are only a few M37s but there a large number of the Portugese
    938 versions around (That people believe are M37s). I'm lucky enough to have found a M37 and a 938.

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I like the Bredas, I've not seen a M30 in the UK and there are only a few M37s but there a large number of the Portugese
    938 versions around (That people believe are M37s). I'm lucky enough to have found a M37 and a 938.

m3bobby,,
    Really great pickup. I haven't seen any in the US at all outside of Aberdeen Proving Grounds Museum. At least that's were I think it was. Would it be possible for you to post a full picture of your M 37? I like Breda's as well my friend who just passed away had a Mouse Trap HMG i really liked.
    Regards,
    Sam

This is my 8mm M37, no tripod as yet for it, but I'm still looking. My 7.92mm 938 has a tripod and there are the same so I can swap guns around on it if I feal like it. I didn't know there were so many small differences between the M37 and the 938 untill I got both and compared them. Even the internals are different dispite the 8mm and 7.92mm round bases being the same size.

This is probably the only example of a M37 the British Army own, appologies for the black triangle, I can't show whats behind (Nothing exciting).

?

mm3Bobby,
    Thank you so much for the photos. Terrific weapons, I wish I had either. The 2nd photo is a wonderful display.
    Regards,
    Sam

Nice gun! Looks to be in excelent condition.
    I would like to ask a question about reload operation.

Imagine that the gunner fired the last round. What does he do to reload it? Furthermore, does this weapon have bolt-hold function and does the bolt-handle move when firing?

Can somebody clear that thing up for me? Thx.

EDIT: I am talking about Breda M30

?

I Haven't fired the Breda 30 in many years and its in the back of my safe behind 30 guns so I'll answer from memory the best I can. If you look at the first picture the magazine is perpendicular to the Breda. The latch on the left allows you to swing the magazine parallel to the rifle. Once done the latch on the left allows you to remove the magazine for loading. You load the mag with U shaped brass clips ,for want of a better word and push the rounds in the magazine. They say it can be done by hand but it's a PITA. Then you insert the magazine onto the magazine dove tail which is now parallel to the Breda, it will snap in. Then swing the magazine until the catch on the left snaps in. On must remember to open the ejection port door on the other side before firing. Here in the US the brass 20 round feeder clips are difficult to find.
    I'm sorry I can't be sure if the handle reciprocates or not. It's been to long. Perhaps some one else can chime in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast