Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Italian Carcano rifles used by the Germans?,

Article about: I have a 7.35mm carbine that I got from an old school friend. His grandfather brought it back when he came home from the war. He said it had been captured from the Germans but I don't know a

Default Re: Italian Carcano rifles used by the Germans?,

I have a 7.35mm carbine that I got from an old school friend. His grandfather brought it back when he came home from the war. He said it had been captured from the Germans but I don't know any more details about what kind of unit it might have come from.

Dresden
    ?

I have a Rifled Grenade launcher and blanks for the Carcano

d.danich@comcast.net

Quote by tud jones View Post
    I have a 7.35mm carbine that I got from an old school friend. His grandfather brought it back when he came home from the war. He said it had been captured from the Germans but I don't know any more details about what kind of unit it might have come from.
    The German Home Army of WW2, The Volkssturm were armed with massive amounts of Italian Carcano Rifles and Carbines... The company Krieghoff even converted some Model 1941 Carcano rifles to 8mm Mauser...BILL
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 07-16-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Dresden View Post
    I have a Rifled Grenade launcher and blanks for the Carcano

d.danich@comcast.net
    Please post picts of the Carcano grenade launcher....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Carcano had no grenade launcher...It had an underbarrel grenade thrower "tromboncino", but you were able to use it only on model 38 rifles.
    Only in ww1 there was an grenade attachment to shoot "carcano" type grenade... Other grenades had to rod that you stuck into the barrel and then shot it.
    Mines for tromboncino are similar to the brixia mines.

bye, Jure.

?

What model Carcano carbine had the folding bayonet and fixed sights?

A buddy's dad has one that was a bring-back. He let us shoot it once in the 1980's when we were young, I remember that the only ammo available then in 6.5 Italian was Norma, and it was very expensive.

?

The one with folding bayonet and fixed sights is carcano M38 cavalleria. You can find it in two calibers, 6.5 x 52 ("normal carcano) and 7.35 x 51, the new type of ammo, used only in some types of m38 rifles.
    PPU (Prvi Partizan Užice) is now also producing 6.5 ammo, but believe me, the best to shoot is original ammo from ww2.

Bye, Jure.

Anyone owning a coverted Carcano to 7,92 x 57 Mauser take care not to shoot these rifles
    The action of a Carcano which was designed for the weak 6,5x55 cartridge, can not stand (for long) the powerful german round.
    If you still want to shoot your rifle, please use a light bullet and underpower your charge!!!!!!!!!

Jean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2