Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated

Article about: This is a pretty decent looking rifle,stock has dome useage dings,metal is real nice,mum is all there.The bolt matches except extractor but looks original to rifle.Bore looks nice.

Default Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated

This is a pretty decent looking rifle,stock has some useage dings,metal is real nice ,no rust,mum is all there.The bolt matches except extractor but looks original to rifle.Bore looks nice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated   Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated  

Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated   Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated  

Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated   Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated  

You have a beautiful type 99 rifle and one to be proud of. The rifle was made by the Kokura Arsenal but I am having trouble making out the series marking. The marking is the symbol before the serial number.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I would like to see a better picture of the serial number and If there is another symbol beside the arsenal mark, because if there is it would be a different arsenal and not Kokura.

Thank you!Not sure where that is,here is a pic of serial numbers markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated   Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated  

Japanese rifle,bringback info appreciated  

The rifle is a series 20 which I believe and someone will correct me if I am wrong would put the rifle in the 1939-1940 range. The rifle was made by the Kokura Arsenal. You did very well!!!!!
    Marty

Very nice indeed. You will note the barrel band seems to have the insert points for the monopod. Early production rifles had the monopod. Later, they were dropped but I think the hardware was still used. Good to see the Imperial seal still intact. More experienced collector's should chime in. NH

Thanks!The info I found about this series 20 rifle is,the extractor no. is just an assembly no. and should not match ser. no.,so this is a correct matching rifle.Good news,I thought it looked original to the piece.

Very nice as usual Toecutter! You certainly know what to look for. Am a bit familiar with the Type 99 as my friend bought one back in 1972 for $25! Guess the prices have increased quite a bit since then. LOL We fired a box of 7.7 Normas through it. Quite a thrill indeed.

MAP
    ?

Another nice piece TC. I think you have a rifle tree in your back yard....kind of like the helmet trees some members here have...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks guys,appreciate it!I only buy what I like and can" live with",ha as I will have to look at it for a long time!Hole fillers don't do it for me.