Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Rifle ID needed please

Article about: 085.jpg

Default Japanese Rifle ID needed please

Default Re: Japanese Rifle ID needed please

Nice rifle! It is a Type 38 long rifle... give me a moment to nail down the series.

- - Updated - -

It should be a Kokura Arsenal made rifle... 23rd series.

It looks like it is missing it's dust cover, which is common. It also looks like it has it's original cleaning rod and sling, which are a great bonus!

EDIT:
    I take the sling part back... Is that a USGI web sling?

Japanese Rifle ID needed pleaseJapanese Rifle ID needed pleaseJapanese Rifle ID needed pleaseI don't know about USGI sling, but here are some close ups of sling.Attachment 388255Attachment 388256

Japanese Rifle ID needed pleaseI also have this bayonet, does it go with this rifle?
    Japanese Rifle ID needed please

The sling looks like it could belong to a U.S. WWII M1 Carbine.

Yes, that bayonet would go perfectly fine with that rifle.

In case you're wondering, the bayonet was also made by the Kokura Arsenal and the curled handguard means that it is an early war version which would be a-okay for that rifle.

Your picture of the safety is a little blurry and I can't make out the number... Can you find the numbers "340" anywhere else on the rifle? If you find all "340"s, that would mean that the rifle is all matching... which is a bonus. The serial number can also be found on the underside of the base of the bolt handle, on the inside of the magazine follower plate... there may be a few more locations but I'm blanking...

I have found 340 in two places other than in the serial number.

It should be in 6.5 caliber JM. The type 99 was in 7.7 Jap. Fine looking rifle and I would advise you to check out GUn Boards Forum and check out the Japanese gun section on the forum if you need more info concerning value. I collect mausers and am not aware of current values on Arisakas but many others can give you info. Best wishes.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    It should be in 6.5 caliber JM. The type 99 was in 7.7 Jap. Fine looking rifle and I would advise you to check out GUn Boards Forum and check out the Japanese gun section on the forum if you need more info concerning value. I collect mausers and am not aware of current values on Arisakas but many others can give you info. Best wishes.
    Absolutely correct... how could I forget the caliber! I don't know too much about the values of Arisaka rifles either... but I will say that the T99 series of rifles are almost always more valuable than T38 rifles. The T99 rifles tend to have more accessories on them like monopods and anti-aircraft sights which boost the value.

Thanks!