Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle

Article about: Hello Everyone, It has been a while since I have posted anything but I have been busy moving around. Here is a Japanese Type 2 Rifle that I picked up a couple weeks ago at a local gun store.

I will keep my eyes open for anymore and will let you all know if I find any

Great and rare find. Friend bought a basic Type 99 way back in early 70s for cheap money but those days are gone. Never came across one like yours. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.

?

Thumbs up

Good find!
    That is one of only 2 jap fire arms that I would like to have. Unfortunately I refuse to buy a ground one and the untouched ones - when I find one - are priced out of my interest level.
    Sarge

Sarge, what is the other that you would like to have besides the type 2? And I agree. I like to get them as close to what they were originally like as possible. The other Arisaka I have was a vet bringback but he had to get the mum on it ground before he sent it to his family. But it is gorgeous and all orginal and matching as well. I will put up some pictures of it later.

-T

Here is a comparison of the two rifles next to each other
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle   Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle  

Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle   Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle  

Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle   Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle  

Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle  

Awesome piece in great shape! So, that's a take down?

?

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    Sarge, what is the other that you would like to have besides the type 2? And I agree. I like to get them as close to what they were originally like as possible. -T
    I wouldn't mind having a folding bayonet carbine.
    Sarge

MAP
    ?

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a folding bayonet carbine.
    Sarge
    Was lucky. I picked one of these up a few years back for cheap. Don't remember if the Mum is ground or not.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    Phil, I got this one for $1500. I really lucked out with it!
    A friend of mine paid $1700 for one with a ground crest about 2 years ago but it was all matching. $1500 imo is a great price, congrats.

I was lucky enough to find an all matching one with dust cover and mum at the Ohio Gun Collectors Club when it was still in Columbus, Oh back in the 80's. I paid $400 and at that time thought I over paid. How things have changed since then.

Sarge - I have seen a couple of them recently! Type 44 if I remember correctly. The price wasn't horrible on them... In fact one gentleman I spoke to a couple weeks ago said that he bought one with the mum and all matching for $400.00. Another steal! I wouldn't mind having one myself

Samnev - That is awesome! I wish the bolt was matching with mine but I am not complaining. I saw another for sale the next weekend with a ground mum and mismatching numbers selling for $2700.... When I told the seller how much I got mine for and showed him pictures he told me I got a steal!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast