Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle

Article about: Hello Everyone, It has been a while since I have posted anything but I have been busy moving around. Here is a Japanese Type 2 Rifle that I picked up a couple weeks ago at a local gun store.

I see these at gunshows here in MN fairly regular, but this is the first one I've seem with matching halves. It's in nice shape.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Awesome piece in great shape! So, that's a take down?
    It is a take down! Here are a couple pictures of it broken down and the two halves.

TJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle

- - ------- - -

Thank you for the reply Paul! I am very fortunate to have found it!
    T

It just goes to show....that there is still Wood left in the Woodwork ..Nice Find Thaddeus. Congrats..Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry. I have been out of collecting for a while (trying, and succeeding, in not taking any loans out for college). Now that I made it through I am planning on getting a nice item quarterly. I am thinking maybe a nice M1A1 Paratrooper carbine next or a couple more Japanese items to complete the grouping.

T

- - ------- - -

I would love to see other collectors Japanese rifles! Please post pictures

Very nice Japanese TYPE 2 Paratrooper rifle..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Very nice Japanese TYPE 2 Paratrooper rifle..BILL
    Thank you, Bill!

-T

?

Just curious on the take down method. So do you unscrew the D ring screw or is it spring loaded setup???

Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil,
    It is extremely simple to break the rifle down into two pieces. All you do is unscrew the D ring screw and from there you are able to separate the two pieces. It is very smooth and an easy process.
    T

MAP
    ?

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    ... I am thinking maybe a nice M1A1 Paratrooper carbine next or a couple more Japanese items to complete the grouping...

I would love to see other collectors Japanese rifles! Please post pictures
    Just be very careful on the M1A1. These are NOT cheap. Many fakes and the majority that are legit are post war. I have an all matching WW2 M1A1 that is attributed to a Colonel in 101st Airborne 506th Reg (Band of Brothers). Bought by my friend supposedly from the family of the vet. Unfortunately no paperwork with it. But I bought the gun, not the story.

M1A1 Paratrooper Carbine

Also have a really nice WWII Japanese Arisaka Type 44 "Cavalry" Carbine with rubberized canvas sling and dust cover. All Matching and full chrysanthemum if I remember correctly. Maker is Kokura Arsenal and it has no Series in the serial number so if my research is correct it is one of the first batch. Will see if I have pictures of it.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you Michael I am sure that before I go and buy it that I will get good quality photos of it and will post them on this forum for review. I never like jumping the gun on any item.... especially one that will put a dent in the bank account haha.

I would love to see pictures of your Type 44 as well. That rifle will be next on my list of Japanese weapons to get. I am also looking for a "Good Luck" flag as well as an original samurai sword (WAY DOWN THE ROAD after my account heals)

T

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast