Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle

Article about: Hello Everyone, It has been a while since I have posted anything but I have been busy moving around. Here is a Japanese Type 2 Rifle that I picked up a couple weeks ago at a local gun store.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    Thank you Michael I am sure that before I go and buy it that I will get good quality photos of it and will post them on this forum for review. I never like jumping the gun on any item.... especially one that will put a dent in the bank account haha.

I would love to see pictures of your Type 44 as well. That rifle will be next on my list of Japanese weapons to get. I am also looking for a "Good Luck" flag as well as an original samurai sword (WAY DOWN THE ROAD after my account heals)

T
    I'll try to dig it out and take some photos this weekend. Rifles, like swords are always so hard to photograph well.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree. I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures soon then!
    T

MAP
    ?

OK T, here are some very quick pictures of the Type 44 as requested.

They are not good. I can try for better pictures in the daylight if you want.

WWII Japanese Arisaka Type 44 Cavalry Carbine/Rifle with rubberized canvas sling and dust cover. 6.5mm. Full Chrysanthemum.

Maker: Kokura Arsenal.

No Series (first batch) Serial number 58633.

"T" proof mark stamped on barrel at receiver.

Rifle is in as mint condition as you could expect for a 75 year old weapon that has seen action. Yes, some dents and dings on the stock but no cracks. 99% of blueing remains. NO rust. This baby was oiled and greased and put away with care and then untouched until I got it.

But the part I kind of like the most. It is only 99% matching. Only the extractor is not matching and this is only a few numbers off (680 vs the correct 633). Odd...but of no concern to me. Given the condition, I expect this to be either a mistake at the factory or a field repair as the bolt itself is matching to the rifle. Even the dust cover is matching. So you know this baby was put in a duffel back and brought back home

Michael

Japanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper RifleJapanese Type 2 Paratrooper Rifle

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wow that is a beautiful rifle Michael! I don't think that I have ever seen one that nice! I definitley want to get one for my collection one day! But I am very picky for the condition. I do not think ill ever see one this nice! Thanks for sharing.

T

MAP
    ?

Thanks T.

The pictures don't do it justice IMHO. Keep looking...this one literally walked in my front door one day and at a very fair price. That's how this hobby works sometime!

M

I will! I just have to keep patience.... Thats how I lucked out with this one!

T

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4