I acquired a Japanese Type 26 revolver that has been well used and likely not cared for too well. It has been saved for now. I do believe it still retains the original finish and was not arsenal reworked as most have been through a couple of times. It appears the hammer still retains the fire blue finish and the gun has the charcoal blue finish, what is left of it anyway. The arsenal refinished guns will likely look much better but will have a uniform dull blue finish.
There are not any good production records by year and month to show what year this was made. There were approximately 59,000 revolvers produced between 1894 and 1925. My guess on production year is around 1920 based on the serial number, but is only my guess and not fact based. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks for looking.
John

Japanese Type 26 for reviewJapanese Type 26 for reviewJapanese Type 26 for reviewJapanese Type 26 for reviewJapanese Type 26 for reviewJapanese Type 26 for reviewJapanese Type 26 for reviewJapanese Type 26 for review