Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese Type 38 Arisaka

Article about: Hi guys! 'Tis the season, and the Christmas presents have begun to find their way into my collection! I will start with this little beauty here. Don't mind the cat hair. My girlfriend bought

?

Default Re: Japanese Type 38 Arisaka

Under rated firearm. Still fairly reasonable in price. You got yourself a nice one buddy.

?

I also have a Type 38 no series Koishikawa school rifle. I have found it to be quite accurate even though a lot of people will say they are not safe to shoot. I have shot several 100 rounds threw mine with no problem. I really like how smooth the action is on these. I have always won bets when I have told other that I can cycle the action faster than you can pump a shotgun. WON EVERY TIME!!!! I have to say you did get yourself a beautiful bayonet to go along with the rifle.You definitely have a KEEPER of a Girlfriend and this is coming from somebody who is on his second wife( key word here is "SECOND") she also buys me great things for my collection. I hope you hooked your GF up with something nice for Christmas. }8)
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice one, Mo! I don't think my gf is getting me any militaria this Christmas...

Any plans to add a dust cover to it? There was a vendor on ebay selling repro slings made from old leather that really looked great and were an affordable alternative!
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 12-23-2012 at 06:38 AM.

?

An incredibly strong and under rated action in regards to period bolt rifles. The smoothest bolt I've ever encountered is by far a Krag action. The straight pull K31 is pretty slick as well, but comparing it to any turn bolt rifle is somewhat unfair.
    Regards,
    John

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I also have a Type 38 no series Koishikawa school rifle. I have found it to be quite accurate even though a lot of people will say they are not safe to shoot. I have shot several 100 rounds threw mine with no problem. I really like how smooth the action is on these. I have always won bets when I have told other that I can cycle the action faster than you can pump a shotgun. WON EVERY TIME!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    That,s interesting Phil i'd love to try out that model but i've never had the opportunity

Merry Christmas
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thank you for all of your comments, gentlemen!

I will hold off on shooting this one for now, but at least I have this crossed off the list. It really is an underrated rifle. The thing functions nice and smooth...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2