Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Type 44 Carbine

Article about: Bill, A very interesting example of a neat rifle. Don't know where you find them! First example of this sling I have seen, other than in books!

Default Japanese Type 44 Carbine

Enjoy this Japanese Type 44 'F0LDING BAYONET' Carbine.. Mfg. Nagoya Aresnal... Third variation "LONG' Bayonet Housing, Series 2, Cal. 6.5mm .....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Type 44 Carbine   Japanese Type 44 Carbine  

Japanese Type 44 Carbine   Japanese Type 44 Carbine  

Japanese Type 44 Carbine   Japanese Type 44 Carbine  

Japanese Type 44 Carbine  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Japanese Type 44 Carbine

That is a beautiful example Bill. I have never seen a carbine with such a fine finish on the metal. Do you still shoot it?

Jay

sweet!,,,such a pleasure to see one of this in this fine of condition,,is that the original sling too????.....thanks for sharing

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    That is a beautiful example Bill. I have never seen a carbine with such a fine finish on the metal. Do you still shoot it?

Jay
    Hello Jay I don't shoot this one....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by militarymania View Post
    sweet!,,,such a pleasure to see one of this in this fine of condition,,is that the original sling too????.....thanks for sharing
    Hello Militarymania, , Yes that is the original sling.. One of the Ultra Rare quick release Japanese slings... A lot of Japanese Type 44 Carbines were found on Iwo Jima, they were carried there by Japanese troops that had been transfereed from China to boost the Iwo defences... The Type 44 is a Calvary Carbine...BILL

I sure don't blame you a bit with this one Bill, it's gorgous. Had not noticed the quick release sling, I didn't even know they existed. Very cool.

Jay

?

Great looking example,
    A buddy had one of these that was sporterized and had the mum removed.

What was the little compartment in the buttplate for? I couldn't figure it out.

Quote by PMKS View Post
    Great looking example,
    A buddy had one of these that was sporterized and had the mum removed.

What was the little compartment in the buttplate for? I couldn't figure it out.
    It held a two piece cleaning rod and jag........BILL

Theres a pawnshop around here that has one of these for 250$ I think, I dont have the money to buy it though :[..

?

Boy Bill you sure have some intersting pieces.I have been looking for a decent Japanese rifle with a Mum but they are of short supply.We have a fella about 30miles from here with a Gun shop and had some in OK shape but I passed and a Mauser carbine some years back.I have really kicked myself on the carbine a few times and the piece I like of his the most was a Johnson auto X 4 in his inventory.Cheers Kevin

Johnson Rifle Site Index Page

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast