Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just arrived, my MP or MP 34, very hard to get in Canada

Article about: Mp34 is also known as the Steyr-Solothurn S1-100. It's a lovely gun - beautifully machine and reliable. The rat tail style bolt system is terribly civilized. This one was in 9mm Mauser, but

?

Default Just arrived, my MP or MP 34, very hard to get in Canada

Well the Post just dropped off my new toy, a DEWAT MP 34, well I don't know much about these, however it has the Bayonet lug and is dated 1942, so I am thinking it was a German Army or Police weapon, these are hard to find in Canada, the mag is plugged to 5 rounds as the law requires here, it is in really nice shape.
    I guess that as I am thrilled with it for now, in a month or 2 it will lose it's shine as It does not fit into my collection, however the hunt is sometimes greater then the fact of owning something... just sometimes!!!
    Traded a WW2 Rare German Tank Commanders radio for it...I am happy with the deal.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Just arrived, my MP  or MP 34, very hard to get in CanadaJust arrived, my MP  or MP 34, very hard to get in CanadaJust arrived, my MP  or MP 34, very hard to get in CanadaJust arrived, my MP  or MP 34, very hard to get in CanadaJust arrived, my MP  or MP 34, very hard to get in CanadaJust arrived, my MP  or MP 34, very hard to get in CanadaJust arrived, my MP  or MP 34, very hard to get in Canada

Is that a Portuguese crest on the stock. They purchased these in 9mm in the 1940s.

Nice looking MG you have there.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Any Idea of what it might be worth now that we know it has an others army or police stamp on it???

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

I have no idea as his firearm is not my
    Expertise.
    Maybe some of the other MG guys can help.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

In the long run, this one looks cool!!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Quote by Richie B View Post
    Is that a Portuguese crest on the stock. They purchased these in 9mm in the 1940s.
    Its the Portuguese National crest, what a beauty. I love it.
    Cheers
    Nuno

a nice machine pistol.

The designation is Machinen Pistole MP34 (machine pistol in English)-would have been described as a Machine Carbine in Commonwealth English during the war but post war as a Sub Machine Gun SMG-the MG34 was an entirely different German light/medium machine gun type weapon firing the 7.92 x 57mm rifle round.

"hard to find in Canada" is a bit of an understatement. Very nice find. Does it have any waffenampts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast