Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?

Article about: I saw this in the corner of my eye and I always wanted one of these polish pistols. It all looks original and I don't know much more about them. The guy has bin sitting on it for 25 years. H

Default Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?

I saw this in the corner of my eye and I always wanted one of these polish pistols. It all looks original and I don't know much more about them. The guy has bin sitting on it for 25 years. He wasn't a dealer, just private seller there at the gun show. The blueing is worn off pretty good and probally bin sitting in a holster forever doesn't help. It came with the original holster, two mags. I paid 375 I don't know if that's a good deal. I went with my gut. It needs some oil but other then that its in good order. I know condition is key. It has a X by the trigger if that means anything. I took some quick pictures. I hope it helps.Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?

Greetings,

First off, you can change the weeping face to a smiley. Your gut feel has served you well. Congratulations on acquisition of a German occupation production pistol. The "T" in the serial number confirms that it is from the first alphabet series. The take-down lever is still present, so this is an earlier production pistol, although the decline in the quality of the finish is now readily apparent as production was being speeded up to meet wartime demand. Assuming it has numbers matching parts, and internals are in good working order, a complete rig like this should easily fetch double what you paid. Mags alone are now topping $200. If you intend on taking it to the range I'd recommend having it checked by a gunsmith for a thorough once over. They are great shooters.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

As a postscript, here's something I pulled off the web some years back. Some of the links may be dead, but you'll get the gist of what general opinion is about these pistols from the short excerpts:

Geocities has shut down

In my opinion the Radom would have to be one of the better 9mm Parabellum
    pistols of the second world war. It was well made comfortable to handle
    and incorporated some of the best features of both the Browning Hi Power and the Colt 1911A1.

Modern Firearms - VIS wz.35

According to some sources (incl. Guns & Ammo magazine), WiS vz35 is one of the best handguns ever built.

403 Forbidden

Germans issued their pistols to Waffen SS and SS Police. Some were used by Kriegsmarine.

Vis pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considered by many to be one of the finest handguns ever produced, it is highly prized among collectors of firearms.

The tests proved that the handgun was very accurate and stable (due to its size and mass, most stresses are absorbed and not passed on the shooter), while at the same time remaining reliable after firing more than 6000 rounds. The Vis was generally regarded as one of the best military pistols of that period.

404 Not Found 1 ima-usa.com

With the defeat of Poland in 1939 Nazi Germany immediately pressed into service and continued production of the POLISH RADOM 9mm pistol. Considered one of the finest handguns of the WWII period.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:t...hl=en&start=24

Wz/35 Radom
    This may be the best combat pistol ever made that no one knows about. It is similar in operation to the Browning High-Power, but the mechanism makes recoil less violent than even the Browning, and also limits wear on the moving parts. It can be cocked with the thumb, and the only safety is a grip safety, allowing quick times into action. Pre-World War 2 Radoms are of excellent quality;
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Nice find friend.

Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?Thank you so much for your knowledge and I will check the ling out. Taking apart the gun now, the barrel doesn't match but everything else does. Which is ok. The barrel is proofed marked. At least the bluing is not critical since like what you said, mass production.

Thank you!. I just cleaned it all up and oiled it and put it away for now. Cleaned up pretty nice for being neglected for so many years. The guy had one more of these but sold it a few months ago. This pistol is not import marked so My guess its a ver t bring back. Holster is also named just noticed.

You got a heck of a deal. Holster is worth 200.00-250.00 and the extra magazine 100.00+. I paid 800.00 for a later 2 lever model and had to buy the extra magazine and holster.

geese so I guess I did ok, even with a miss matched bolt?. Barrel lug has a different number then the slide. What year would this pistol be ?

Mismatched barrel is not all too uncommon, and nothing to be concerned about. The pistol finish suggests it saw some use. That's not to say it's in poor condition though. Overall you have a solid looking late 1st alphabet series ("Group Three" in the Berger classification) that you made a very sharp purchase with. I'd estimate production at 1941/42.

Pic of Hans Frank "The Butcher of Poland" examining newly produced pistols at the Radom Arms factory, which was purposefully left undamaged by the Germans during the invasion of Poland as they well knew the technical merits of Polish firearms engineering and intended on continuing production:

Just bought this polish random at the gun show today..good deal or no ?

Regards,
    Tony

I really wish there was a cyber hat for people so we could put some change in for everyones help with this great knowledge a lot of people here have, Thank you for your help. I don't feel bad spending that for this. Specially with the Magazines ( if they are even war dated). You are correct, she is happy, all cleaned and oiled. Functions great and has that great bin there look. Great picture

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast