MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just can't pass up a Berthier

Article about: That a nice find at a great price! Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Robert

?

Default Just can't pass up a Berthier

Especially for $150. Picked this one up at the Louisville show. Looks like it was hanging on a wall for years as the bolt has taken on a great natual goldish looking patina. Mixed numbers as most are, no pitting, and a great looking bore. Couldn't wait to get it home to clean it. But after I did, and that patina on the bolt looks so good, (the photos don't do it justice), that I now have mixed emotions about removing it.
    The other metal still has about 98% bluing so I will brighten that up with a little oil.
    I reload cast bullets for these rifles so it will be going to the range with it next week.
    Just can't pass up a BerthierJust can't pass up a BerthierJust can't pass up a BerthierJust can't pass up a Berthier

?

Default Re: Just can't pass up a Berthier

Well just used oil and wiped the rifle down and it took the patina off the bolt so apparently it was only dried oil. The bluing is beautiful however the bore is not as great as I first thought but still good, Ray

Just can't pass up a BerthierJust can't pass up a BerthierJust can't pass up a BerthierJust can't pass up a BerthierJust can't pass up a Berthier

She looks great after that.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Great Gun! At a good price you are a very lucky man!

all the best,
    Stefan

Nice piece. Hate to admit it by I am not familiar with with the Berthier sir. Could you inform me which country of origin and what caliber it is in. looks like a fine example and you did well for the amount you paid. Thanks for showing.

?

Thanks gentleman, Mauser9, it is a French rifle and in 8MM Lebel caliber, Ray

Nice one and a well known maker, (MAS) Manufacture d'armes de Saint-Étienne.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Very nice.
    It's funny : he was made in St Etiene, now, it is the place where weapons are neutralized. MG 42, MG 34...

?

I also like French wepons and have quite a few of them. I think they are very under appreciated in the US.Nice pickup at a great price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast