Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just can't pass up a Berthier

Article about: That a nice find at a great price! Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Robert

Default Re: Just can't pass up a Berthier

That a nice find at a great price! Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Robert

?

Quote by samnev View Post
    I also like French wepons and have quite a few of them. I think they are very under appreciated in the US.Nice pickup at a great price.
    I agree about them being under appreciated but I think that might be changeing a little as they are now making commerical ammo for them and at a reasonable price. I think one of the reasons that kept them priced low and under appricated was there was no ammo available to shoot them unless you reloaded.
    There was one Berthier at the show that was not under priced and that was a mint, and I mean it looked mint, US made Remington 07/15 Berthier for $1700. Way over priced but as I said it was a beauty and the condition looked like it just came off the assemble line yesterday. Ray
    Last edited by RayG; 09-24-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Anything that's not Nazi marked or GI issued appears very unappreciated in the US-after all, how often would you see an unissued WW1 rifle of any type turn up-they're not making them any more... Very good find on the original Berthier for $150-they have so many peculiar features-the agriculturally simple trigger, the wide foresight, the long 'knitting needle' bayo, no apparent need by the French for a safety etc.

Outstanding rifle, Ray...The Greeks used them a lot in numerous conflicts from it's appearance in the battlefield 'til the outbreak of WWII...
    Best regards, Thanos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2