Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Just picked up a Walther AC42

Article about: Hi guys. I recently picked up the P38 AC42. It has all matching numbers and looks really nice to me. What do you guys think?? I bought it last week for 0. I took it to two gun stores to have

great Deal Marty

?

Great deal is correct.. My main concern is that this being a handgun, Does it have to be registered ?
    We do have a somewhat quirky system here in the states.. Is the piece a DEWAT.. De Activated War Trophy
    or the real deal.. I believe at one point all guns returning from theatres were given amnesty up to a certain time.. The sixties or early seventies.. And then had to be registered.. JMHO
    I could be entirely wrong on this... Just my two cents and wouldn't want to see ya in trouble.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Is the piece a DEWAT.. De Activated War Trophy
    or the real deal..
    I don 't know about there but , for it to be DEWAT here, it can not be field strippable.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don 't know about there but , for it to be DEWAT here, it can not be field strippable.
    Ralph.
    So they weld and "Geld" ?? Atrocious..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    So they weld and "Geld" ?? Atrocious..
    They remove the firing pin, insert a rod into the mag. and weld it, weld the chamber and weld the stripping lever.
    You can still cock and dry fire it.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

$350 for an all matching P-38 in this kind of condition is, simply, a gift. Long gone are the days when you could pick up a P-38 for the cheap. On the circuits and dealers inventories, you won't find such a thing for much under $700 and on up to a thousand. If it has the original holster, add a hundred or 2 more to it. Capture papers? Another hundred.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Love the gun! I have one too but it has been in my family since before I was born. I also have a Luger S/42 1936 with all matching serials, even the magazine. My P 38 has matching serials except for the magazine.

Default Anyone know what this means?

This is on the bottom of the barrel of my P38:Just picked up a Walther AC42

You stole it! $900-$1200 typical selling listing/prices for correct high condition, common P38’s. Nice. As for registration, the only federal register is for NFA items: machine guns, SBR/SBS, and destructive devices. Some states have you register hand guns.

I agree with Marty.... A fantastic deal! Well done!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast