MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just won this, what do you guys think?

Article about: The bolt is from a Mauser K98K - I love these artifacts. Ref. Redjacket firearms - Unwatchable crap aimed at people with a pre-teen mental age and zero knowledge of firearms or any knowledge

Default Just won this, what do you guys think?

Put a few bids in on this cause I thought it was cool, ended up winning it. What you guys think?
    It appears that the SN on the bolt handle is still readable too.

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just won this, what do you guys think?   Just won this, what do you guys think?  

Just won this, what do you guys think?   Just won this, what do you guys think?  

Default Re: Just won this, what do you guys think?

It looks to me to be part of a Mauser type bolt assembly.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    It looks to me to be part of a Mauser type bolt assembly.
    That's part of the reason I bought it, I like Mausers, a lot. It was found in Riga, Latvia on a German-Russian battle ground.

George

It looks like a great piece, have you taken it out back and test fired it yet?

Might take it to RedJacket firearms to get it rebuilt, then maybe I will.

George

Neva ben don befo.

well, I must say,(since you asked) I cant see anything being done with it,other than serving as a cool paper weight. its too far gone. but does make you wonder about the soldier that once carried it. sorry`

Also Red Jacket? they have a horrible track record on the other gun forums. I dont trust anyone the eyeballs head space...

Quote by command450 View Post
    well, I must say,(since you asked) I cant see anything being done with it,other than serving as a cool paper weight. its too far gone. but does make you wonder about the soldier that once carried it. sorry`

Also Red Jacket? they have a horrible track record on the other gun forums. I dont trust anyone the eyeballs head space...
    Planning on putting it next to my relic M35 helmet, have you seen how bad some of the Krinkovs that they make are?

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Planning on putting it next to my relic M35 helmet, have you seen how bad some of the Krinkovs that they make are?

Yes,its almost criminal or actually it IS !!!I use to watch it, then I started noticing how ignorant they were. absolutely amazing they are still in business. well I guess they did lose their FFL!! And I hope our friends overseas realize RED JACKET does not represent american builders. BTW, If you look at your bolt,it really makes you wonder what happened. looks like the german had a serious KABOOM take place! you can see the front of the bolt blew to pieces. had to be a real shocker for him.

Cheers,

Mike

Yes,its almost criminal or actually it IS !!!I use to watch it, then I started noticing how ignorant they were. absolutely amazing they are still in business. well I guess they did lose their FFL!! And I hope our friends overseas realize RED JACKET does not represent american builders. BTW, If you look at your bolt,it really makes you wonder what happened. looks like the german had a serious KABOOM take place! you can see the front of the bolt blew to pieces. had to be a real shocker for him.

Cheers,

Mike

I'm gonna ask the seller about where exactly this was found and if he found other parts of it, makes me wonder where the cocking piece and safety lever went also. Will from RJF lost his FFL due a dozen or so full auto AKs that went missing, now one of the employees has the FFL

?

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Might take it to RedJacket firearms to get it rebuilt, then maybe I will.

George

Neva ben don befo.
    Sure, it will buff right out

Yes,its almost criminal or actually it IS !!!I use to watch it, then I started noticing how ignorant they were. absolutely amazing they are still in business. well I guess they did lose their FFL!! And I hope our friends overseas realize RED JACKET does not represent american builders.

Cheers,

Mike
    Well, Im across the pond and I certainly dont regard them as anything more than buffons.

The silly posturing, firing and supposedly setting off explosions, their whole demeanor etc.

At one point they emulated an overhead weapons stations. They finally got the flimsy twin set-up to fire but it fed from a BetaMaginstead of being belt fed! Good luck crawling on the outside of the SUV changing that thing in a nasty situation.

They are almost as horrid as the 'Gunsmoke' family of clowns.

........Deep breath......

Then again, one must remember, that both shows are sheeple TV for the gun-ignorant masses and not for those who takes their hobby seriously.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast