Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just won this, what do you guys think?

Article about: The bolt is from a Mauser K98K - I love these artifacts. Ref. Redjacket firearms - Unwatchable crap aimed at people with a pre-teen mental age and zero knowledge of firearms or any knowledge

Default Re: Just won this, what do you guys think?

The bolt is from a Mauser K98K - I love these artifacts.

Ref. Redjacket firearms - Unwatchable crap aimed at people with a pre-teen mental age and zero knowledge of firearms or any knowledge of almost any subject in fact.
    They are huge hits of course.

Pit.

?

Quite.

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    They are huge hits of course.

Pit.
    Which speaks volumes about the audience, yes.

Quote by Scout View Post
    They are almost as horrid as the 'Gunsmoke' family of clowns.

........Deep breath......

Then again, one must remember, that both shows are sheeple TV for the gun-ignorant masses and not for those who takes their hobby seriously.
    I still can't believe how they sexualize their UNDERAGE daughter.

?

Yeah, that is nasty.
    Again, it reels in the masses.
    Apparently, some will do anything for a buck and some PR.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Sure, it will buff right out

Well, Im across the pond and I certainly dont regard them as anything more than buffons.

The silly posturing, firing and supposedly setting off explosions, their whole demeanor etc.

At one point they emulated an overhead weapons stations. They finally got the flimsy twin set-up to fire but it fed from a BetaMaginstead of being belt fed! Good luck crawling on the outside of the SUV changing that thing in a nasty situation.

They are almost as horrid as the 'Gunsmoke' family of clowns.

........Deep breath......

Then again, one must remember, that both shows are sheeple TV for the gun-ignorant masses and not for those who takes their hobby seriously.
    Thanks Scout,I thought it would be important to point out they are NOT well respected builders here in the states. whats sad is obviously there are some real class act companies that build top shelf rifles and would have been much better shows for serious gun enthusiast, but they are not going to have the mouth breathing drama mutants on hand or the hot teenage chic showing off her rack!

Another reason why I don't have cable. That and the fact that you pay to watch commercials. That's a cool looking relic though.

Well from a schooled gunsmithing stand point it looks like a good paper weight. It does have some history. Not being sarcastic or anything. I don't see any rebuild to this. Just my opinion.

?

Quote by command450 View Post
    Thanks Scout,I thought it would be important to point out they are NOT well respected builders here in the states. whats sad is obviously there are some real class act companies that build top shelf rifles and would have been much better shows for serious gun enthusiast, but they are not going to have the mouth breathing drama mutants on hand or the hot teenage chic showing off her rack!
    I forgot to add, that I'm full of respect for the level of craftmanship, that has been achieved by some serious custom gunmakers in the US.
    I'd rather watch a fine Wilson 1911 or a Turnbull lever action rifle being made, than watcing the nauseous antics of the above mentioned bufoons.
    But what ever works for them. No doubt, they are raking it in.

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Well from a schooled gunsmithing stand point it looks like a good paper weight. It does have some history. Not being sarcastic or anything. I don't see any rebuild to this. Just my opinion.
    For what its worth, I think the OP was joking about having it restored.

Scout is correct, was joking about restoring it. It'll be an awesome paper weight for sure though. I was looking around on ebay earlier and someone is selling the other half and complete barrel of a K98, almost thought it was the rest of the one I won for a second.

George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2