Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

K98 With named scope!

Article about: Hello Thanks for looking at the post, I am looking at this BYF 43 matching numbers scoped rifle. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen one with a name written on the scope? Thank You Very

?

Default K98 With named scope!

Hello
    Thanks for looking at the post, I am looking at this BYF 43 matching numbers scoped rifle. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen one with a name written on the scope?

Thank You Very Much
    Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 With named scope!   K98 With named scope!  

K98 With named scope!   K98 With named scope!  

MAP
    ?

I have never seen this. It is a bit odd to me. I can't read the whole thing, what does it say? Also, it appears to have been re-blued. While I see a name not sure what the other words are.

I'm not up to speed on K98 snipers so can't speak with authority.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Whether the rifle is a totally legit sniper or not (sure looks good to me but I don't know how to pick one of those apart like some people can) I'm not seeing anything that screams out reblue. The script reads "F. Faukner a Spol. Praha" or something close to that. A business or someone in Prague?

?

Thanks for the replies I took the pictures indoors, I will post more tomorrow in daylight. Im very sure its not a reblue just under bad lighting conditions

Resolution on the pics (cell phone?) *****, they can't be blown up, there is no details and that makes it kinda tough to look at it closer. My guess is the name on the scope was the name of a sporting goods store in Prague?

MAP
    ?

Good detective work. So my suspicions are that the scope is probably not original to the rifle. Assume no military acceptance marks on the scope?

As noted, I have not studied K98 snipers in any depth so I will defer to those in the know but I have strong reservations.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Are these your or the seller's pics?

Have you posted these on the 98k forum?