Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 opinion needed!

Article about: Hi everyone, I have been offered this k98, it's all matching numbers except for the bolt. What do you guys think? He asks 500 euro for the rifle is that a good price? Thanks!

Question K98 opinion needed!

Hi everyone, I have been offered this k98, it's all matching numbers except for the bolt.
    What do you guys think? He asks 500 euro for the rifle is that a good price?

Thanks!

K98 opinion needed!K98 opinion needed!K98 opinion needed!K98 opinion needed!K98 opinion needed!

Default Re: K98 opinion needed!

Seems a bit pricey to me but the over all rifle looks good, it is really up to you if you feel it is worth it.Bolts do get replaced with use so i would not worry to much as the rest matches up.

A decent looking rifle from mid-war production, but as said above, the 500E price is right up there at the top of the scale and maybe even abit higher. Personally, for that amount, I would want the bolt to match as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

So what would be a reasonable price? Is the black paint original on the rifle, never saw one with black paint before..

The paint looks pretty consistant all over to me,it,s not some thick amateur job so i would say it's contempory.As for price i would say that without the matching bolt it's around the 400 euro mark but then again it,s worth what it is to you! It's value is only likely to go up and not down!

Does it have any Russian Capture stampings on it? Often times, the black indicates a poor refinish by the Russians. Many of their enormous number of captured weapons were simply redone in black after reassembly. I would think a better price for this rifle would be in the $350 US dollar range. I assume it's a deactivated?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It isn't deactivated. I'll ask if there are any russian markings on it.

Ha ha,never thought to ask that!!! Could cause a few add on fees!

?

This 98K looks like its painted in black or poorly reblued, in front of the reciever you can clearly see
    a silver shining post war stamp, I would stay away and wait for nicer one

I was worried about the silver shining stamp, thanks for the information guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast