Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Question

Article about: Alright, well I have obtained a K98 Mauser made in 1940. On the side it says "G.29/40" and on the stock, it is marked with an "H" it currently has all of the markings inc

?

Exclamation K98 Question

Alright, well I have obtained a K98 Mauser made in 1940. On the side it says "G.29/40" and on the stock, it is marked with an "H" it currently has all of the markings including the swastikas and the falcons, along with serial numbers and other details. I'm not exactly sure what a "G.29/40" is, and was wondering if anyone might tell me if this rifle is more rare or not? I looked it up and found out that they are fairly rare, but have only know to be stamped for the Luftwaffe and the Navy, mine is stamped for the Army? Am I missing something? Thanks - Ryan

?

Default Re: K98 Question

Detailed pictures would help tremendously, but the link below contains everything you would want to know.

http://www.ycgg.org/pdfpages/ww2/G29_40.pdf
    Regards,
    John

Default Re: K98 Question

Just caught your post Ryan. Grabbed my copy of Backbone of the Wehrmacht and checked. You have A German issue version of the Polish model wz 29 rifle which is identical to the K 98k. Issued to all branches of military and therefore can be found with H stamp for army, M for Kriegsmarine, and L for Luftwaffe. Top of receiver often stamped 660 and F.B. Radom and year. These polish reissues usually stamped G29/40. Yeah think you have a rarer one and should be worth a good amount as all Russian Capture Kar98ks are bringing $500 and more even if not matching. Hope this helps