Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 Questions

Article about: Thanks, I might have something here, I've always wanted one, and thanks for the link.

Default Re: K98 Questions

Thanks, I might have something here, I've always wanted one, and thanks for the link.

Quote by bowlin7178 View Post
    Thanks, I might have something here, I've always wanted one, and thanks for the link.
    You did indeed do well sir. As stated you have a Waffen Werke Brunn mauser made in 1944. Has the late stamped and welded front barrel band and rifle does appear in fairly decent shape. Price has been increasing for R/Cs and mixmatchers lately so for $250 you did well indeed. Worth at least $450 in my book. I suggest you put the pics on Gun Boards Forum mauser Kar98k section as there are many knowledgeable collectors on that site. Thanks for showing

I've got a DOT 1944, too! Mine doesn't cycle well unfortunately...

Ive actually done very well with Century Arms C&R firearms; several years ago I purchased a K98 from them and when I received it it turned out to be a 1940 Model with the makers code of "42" and all serial numbers including bolt were matching, one small screw was replaced but the rest was all original to the rifle-paid $100.00. a week ago I ordered a M95 from them that was suppose to be a "parts" rifle and thats what I needed if for as I have a M95 that needs a stock. When this arrived it was a complete rifle and though it shows use; the stock, bolt and all major parts are again matching to the rifle. I paid $69.00 for this one and it's too good for a parts rifle. Unfortunetely both rifles have the import marks on them. Most of the Russian import K98s are renumbered and reblued but they in my experience make great shooters.

Sargetom

Looks like an imported Romanian used K98. These came here mostly matching, decent bores. I've got one but it's a DOU 44.

I think your right about it being Romanian, thanks!

Here's the DOU, I replaced the bolt with a correct late war bolt after I took these pictures. They're usually pretty good shooters
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Questions   K98 Questions  

One last thing, check the recoil lug and the wood surrounding it. These rifles took a lot of beatings so the wood can be bad. I've got to get mine fixed because I've recently discovered it was setting back.

George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2