Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

K98 for review

Article about: Hey guys! Thinking of buying this k98. I know everything is correct, just missing the cleaning rod, but I have the correct one. My question is, has the stock been sanded? Never had I good ey

Default K98 for review

Hey guys!

Thinking of buying this k98. I know everything is correct, just missing the cleaning rod, but I have the correct one. My question is, has the stock been sanded? Never had I good eye for sanding.

Thank you as always,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 for review   K98 for review  

K98 for review   K98 for review  

Attached Images Attached Images K98 for review 

From the photos, it looks good. I would doubt that the stock has been refinished.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    From the photos, it looks good. I would doubt that the stock has been refinished.
    Great to here! Thanks William!

I agree. Looks untouched to me.

Agree with above General. Does not look to have been sanded to me. Nice Mauser/Oberndorf made early in 1938 before they dropped the "S". By all correct General do you mean "all matcher". All matchers in good shape are bringing big money as I often check Gunbroker. Hope you scored this for a decent price. thanks for sharing. Will try to post pics soon of my fathers 1940 Borsigwalde.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Agree with above General. Does not look to have been sanded to me. Nice Mauser/Oberndorf made early in 1938 before they dropped the "S". By all correct General do you mean "all matcher". All matchers in good shape are bringing big money as I often check Gunbroker. Hope you scored this for a decent price. thanks for sharing. Will try to post pics soon of my fathers 1940 Borsigwalde.
    Yes by correct, I mean all matching and the parts are correct for 1938. This rifle is on GB right now. I just sold 7 of my guns, so that money is going towards a matching k98. Would love to see your 1940! Thanks!

Hope all goes well Danny. Looks like a winner. Can't beat a bringback. Father snagged mine from a building in a town the germans retreated from in Belgium. The G.I.s found quite a few stored arms in the building. Definitely a good investment from the prices I see lately. Just wish I had a G-43 to go along with the 98!!!

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Hope all goes well Danny. Looks like a winner. Can't beat a bringback. Father snagged mine from a building in a town the germans retreated from in Belgium. The G.I.s found quite a few stored arms in the building. Definitely a good investment from the prices I see lately. Just wish I had a G-43 to go along with the 98!!!
    Thanks! Pretty sure I will win it!

I love that your k98 has a story to go with it! Especially that it has a family connection! Makes it so much more interesting knowing where it was and what it could of seen.

G(K)43 is on my list too! It looks like good ones are around 2,500-4,000k.

Hi Danny. Looks like a very nice rifle, and not messed
    with at all. Hope you can get it for a decent price.

I once turned one down for $200, ages ago because
    the owner had 'restored' the laminate stock by
    sanding it down, exposing the very light
    coloured wood, and then sealing it with
    about 20 coats of Varathane.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Hi Danny. Looks like a very nice rifle, and not messed
    with at all. Hope you can get it for a decent price.

I once turned one down for $200, ages ago because
    the owner had 'restored' the laminate stock by
    sanding it down, exposing the very light
    coloured wood, and then sealing it with
    about 20 coats of Varathane.........

Thanks Steve! I was not in the game when matching k98's were in the $200 range. From talking with my older friends they would say "you could go into a gun shop and see barrels full of mill surp for so cheep" though a varnished stock is a killer for me. I missed a 03a3 a couple years ago for $400 because of a sanded stock...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast