Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 value? First gun purchase.

Article about: I hope thats the right place to post that. Since im new to collecting WWII collectibles, im not very firm in firearm value. I got offered a K98 here are the specs, i will get pictures up tod

?

Thumbs up

Typical RC with importers marks on the bbl. Looks to be in good condition.
    Good price.
    Sarge

?

I agree that is a good price for an RC capture that has been force matched . The rifle looks nice and should make a great shooter if the barrel isn't a sewer pipe.The importer TG KNOX TN is Tennessee Guns of Knoxville, TN .
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Here is an interesting link to the ATF about the president of TG KNOX TN or also called TGI.
    https://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2...ict-court.html
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Sarge and Phil and everyone else above have nailed it. Nice gun.

But.....a question. You note you want to put a few rounds through it (and who wouldn't) and then display. However, if you are looking for a true "collector" piece, you would be wise to save up and get an all matching, non import one. These command well over $1k.

As a shooter or something to compliment your other items, for the price, I too think its a good buy. Plus it looks great. But I don't view it as a collector piece. That said, in my own collection I have a few import marked rifles. They were cheap enough to fill a gap until I could find an original to replace it...But I realize they will be tough to sell.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You will be glad you paid $300 for it in five years no doubt with things being the way they are.

Not as much as a Non import marked, non RC, but still, it will surely keep or increase its value.

Agree with all RC capture piece still a fine collectible k98k well worth the money. timothy

For a shooter it is a good price if all that you want in a shooter and to say you have a ww2 german k98. The rifle will not increase in value like an all matching collector grade rifle would but that is why there is more field grade out there an collector grades it is easier to come up with 300.00 vs 1200.00. If the bore is good have fun shooting a lot of rounds through it. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I agree with the $300 being a good price. I sold a BYF 44 3 years back for $400 years back that was a mix-matcher capture with un-peened swastikas. I have heard that even the R/C are getting harder to come by. The all-matching G.I. bringbacks are commanding north of a grand many times. thanks for showing.

I was offered a Russian Capture for $600
    a few months ago - condition was
    about the same.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2