Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

k98k

Article about: hello I would just like to ask any of the Australian members on the forum, if anyone, would know were I can buy a good k98k rifle. I am finding it hard to find one. the k98 I have seen so fa

Default k98k

hello I would just like to ask any of the Australian members on the forum, if anyone, would know were I can buy a good k98k rifle. I am finding it hard to find one.
    the k98 I have seen so far are missing stamp and have been changed to 308cal or have been made by other nations.
    and a few people have told me that its to hard to import if I was to find a rifle over seas.
    thank mark

Not an easy or cheap find these days-most of what is about are Russian capture examples that are a mix of parts or US remanufactured examples-see Claremont Firearms or Barry's Firearms here in WA or Cleavers in Qld.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Not an easy or cheap find these days-most of what is about are Russian capture examples that are a mix of parts or US remanufactured examples-see Claremont Firearms or Barry's Firearms here in WA or Cleavers in Qld.
    Yea thanks Lithgow. Ill have a look. And I might ask down at the range there a few collectors down there. Gun stores down here only really have new firearms these days the odd 303 but thats about it. Thanks again for the reply cheers mark

looks like a sling is going to be just as hard to find as well.
    I went with Claremont fire arms the rifle should arrive next week.
    thanks again.

Yes, Nazi leather is a relatively rare and expensive thing-you can get decent repro ones and 'age' them to get something that looks about right-good luck with your rifle!
    Below is mine, got from Barry's about 7 years back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98k  

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Yes, Nazi leather is a relatively rare and expensive thing-you can get decent repro ones and 'age' them to get something that looks about right-good luck with your rifle!
    Below is mine, got from Barry's about 7 years back.
    Quite right lithgow. Guess a hundred is often the going price on places like E Bay if legit for original. My 98k is stamped L&F on metal tab so it could be one maker's stamp to look for. Nice lookin bayo ya got there!

The bayo-yet another not cheap accessory!

Yeah I"ll bet not inexpensive anymore! Think I better start checking yard sales I used to make fun of. LOL Hey I could get lucky