Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A Kriegsmarine 7.65 Mauser from Jersey, Channel Islands

Article about: Living on an Island that was once Occupied for 5 years by the German armed forces its strange how few Kriegsmarine pistols turn up here. The Kriegsmarine were all around the Channel Islands

Default A Kriegsmarine 7.65 Mauser from Jersey, Channel Islands

Living on an Island that was once Occupied for 5 years by the German armed forces its strange how few Kriegsmarine pistols turn up here. The Kriegsmarine were all around the Channel Islands going back and forth to France and elsewhere but very few pistols appear with the naval acceptance stamp. Such a shame these old guns can't talk as the story it could tell would sure be interesting.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Kriegsmarine 7.65 Mauser from Jersey, Channel Islands   A Kriegsmarine 7.65 Mauser from Jersey, Channel Islands  

A Kriegsmarine 7.65 Mauser from Jersey, Channel Islands   A Kriegsmarine 7.65 Mauser from Jersey, Channel Islands  

A Kriegsmarine 7.65 Mauser from Jersey, Channel Islands   A Kriegsmarine 7.65 Mauser from Jersey, Channel Islands  

that a very nice one.

Totally agree with you, I have always liked this pistol.
    D

?

Very nice.I believe the letter 'M' under the crest signifies it was issued to the Mediterranean Fleet.

Hi,
    M under the crest...eagle and swastika means Marine or Kriegsmarine unless I am mistaken.
    D.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    M under the crest...eagle and swastika means Marine or Kriegsmarine unless I am mistaken.
    D.
    The M under the Eagle and Swastika is definitely for Marine or Kriegsmarine.. Some have on the front grip strap the letter O for Ost Sea Baltic Fleet or N for North Sea Fleet..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Superb little Mauser!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ahh Yes Thank You Bill.Id confused Myself lolThat is what I was thinking of.Quite some time ago I saw a pistol with "B" on it for Baltic.

?

You sure are showing some beautiful pistols that are in fantastic condition!!

Thanks for sharing them

Semper Fi
    Phil

great looking Mauser. I had one of these with a holster in my hands many years ago. The kid said it was found in a dresser drawer in his grandfathers bed room when they were cleaning his house out. He had to go to a nursing home. No one knew he was in WWII till then. His grandmother and grandfather never talked about it. It was not for sale. He just wanted to know what he had.
    Thanks for sharing this little pistol.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.