Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

L1a1

Article about: by Scout OP, we badly need a pic of the Landy complete with arsenal, puuuhleeze! I've plenty of pics of the old heap, but not too many of it when it's at a show, these are the best of a bad

Default L1a1

This is my L1A1 SLR, this a 1961 dated one made by Enfield. It's unfortunately a new spec deact so it's mostly welded up. I tend to use this one (along with a Sterling SMG) in my Land Rover when I display it at the local show.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L1a1   L1a1  

L1a1   L1a1  

L1a1  

Default Re: L1a1

Just love L1A1's
    They bring back some memories for me hey (and a few other older blokes).
    A most excellent (semi auto) 7.62 battle rifle.
    You have a very impressive collection there Mike.
    Cheers for posting mate.

?

Aww my favourite "modernesque" rifle, the Falklands Special, I used to love shooting this weapon, at least with the bayonet attached it had a bit of reach to it, now you have to get too close with the SA 80, many a dummy has seen the wrong end of an SLR with a knife on the end plus its a nice accurate rifle

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Just love L1A1's
    They bring back some memories for me hey (and a few other older blokes).
    A most excellent (semi auto) 7.62 battle rifle.
    You have a very impressive collection there Mike.
    Cheers for posting mate.
    Cheers mate!

I must admit when I have it on display at the show the amount of people who come over and want to play with the L1A1 is amazing, all say the same, that it brings back great memories for them!

The L1A1 I remember.
    The biggest visual difference is the oval fore grid on the later Australian versions.
    They look right and fit right to me.

L1a1

Cheers mate.

Hi,
    Lovely rifle as said brings back memories, carried one for miles and shot loads out of it, my favourite rifle i would love a deac one but will have to wait a while. Thanks for showing it.
    dave.

Great rifle. We used the R1, S.African made version. Then it got changed to the R4 (Gallil copy) in 5.56mm.
    Tom

Just found a couple of pics of some of the bits and pieces that go with it, I think there is a also a front sight protector and possibly a BFA lying around somewhere but I've not got any pics of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L1a1   L1a1  

?

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    This is my L1A1 SLR, this a 1961 dated one made by Enfield. It's unfortunately a new spec deact so it's mostly welded up. I tend to use this one (along with a Sterling SMG) in my Land Rover when I display it at the local show.
    Love these GAT's despite all the miles i had to carry one, when you got hit by one of these bad boys you didn't get up again !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

The last of the full battle rifle calibres hey Paul.(even though it's a intermediate calibre)
    The Aussies at Long Tan in Vietnam (18th Aug. 1966) used their L1A1'S to perfection to punch through the rubber plantation they were ambushed in.The 7.62 penetrated the trunks and out the backs of the said tree's to kill and mame the enemy who's tactic's revolved around a 5.56 armed advesery.No hiding behind tree's that day.
    The NVA/VC never attempted to ambush the Australian's on mass again,the loss in manpower was far to great.
    Give me 7.62 anyday,I'll carry the extra ammo no worries.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast