Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

L1A1 question…… maybe too new for the forum?

Article about: Hi, Sorry if L1A1'S are too new to be discussed here but I have an interest in a .22 conversion kit complete in its box and was just wondering what sort of money its worth. I assume they are

Default L1A1 question…… maybe too new for the forum?

Hi,
    Sorry if L1A1'S are too new to be discussed here but I have an interest in a .22 conversion kit complete in its box and was just wondering what sort of money its worth. I assume they are legal in the uk if used on a straight pull rifle. Here in Jersey they are fine as we still have our semi auto's. Not having seen one for sale before I wanted a ball park figure before I take the plunge. Any help much appreciated.
    D.

?

I don't think I have ever seen one here in the States? I owned an L1A1 years ago but ended up trading it for a 42 German luger.
    It would be a lot cheaper and less punishing on the shooter.
    Her is a site that gives some info on it.
    FN Self Loading Rifle L1A1 .22RF conversions.htm

?

I called a friend of mine who deals in military surplus firearms and he said that they go between $700 to $1100 USD.
    He said that they do not move super fast here as the FAL rifles were never that popular in the US. But the hard core FN collectors chase after them.
    Hope this helps.

Hi,
    Thanks for that, at least it can get me started on the road to acquiring one.
    D.

As you are across the pond, I do not know availability there compared to the states. Couple of points though. Here, the FN manufacture kit can be found for as low as $400US, but typically around $500-600US. Another popular, but in the states "rare" manufacture is Erma. These can cost astronomical sums in the lower thousands ($1500-3500US). The Ermas are wildly unreliable, but more valuable here simply due to scarcity. The FN kits are where you want to be if you are looking to actually use the system and not just collect it.

Another option, though not sure how importation would work for you is a gentleman on FalFiles.com that is making a NEW made US kit for around $500, if I remember correctly. I do believe he is getting close to shipping out the first batches, after a two year wait list that is.

I love me some FAL's.

Hope that some of that helps.

.22 rimfire semi auto is legal in the UK

I believe the one I have looked at is made by H and K, not sure if thats good or bad.
    D.

The HK version is good to go. Great quality and price here can range $800 or better.

Such simple devices, yet command enormous prices.

I have used one many a time D but not got a clue what they are worth!

Sorry
    Ben

Thanks for the input, I will see how it goes.
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast