Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.

Article about: Whilst I was posting the SMLE I thought I may as well put some pics up of this one also. Annoyed from this ads?   Lee Enfield No.5 MKI, 1946, Fazakerley made one. Numbers matching inclu

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Yep, the bayonet is an original one, 1947 dated made at the Poole ROF. They're bloody expensive bayonets are these!!
    Tell me about it. I just bought one for a mate of mine, he gave me a budget, I said it won't come to that. Wartime one mint with frog...oh yes it did! Rare pieces now

?

I had one just like this one back in the 90's, except mine was 1947 dated IIRC. It had the worst recoil of any rifle I ever shot! I couldn't get anyone else at the range to try it after they saw it rocking me back. I made the mistake of shooting it sitting with the rifle on a rest the first time! After that, I only shot it off-hand (standing) so I could rock with the recoil.
    One day, during a moment of temporary insanity, I sold it. I wish I still had it... I know I won't get another one for $165, which is what I paid for that one.

?

Thanks for the pics Time Bandit. Bayonet looks like its in great condition. I've been looking for one for a while but cant seem to find the right one for the right price.

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Thanks for the pics Time Bandit. Bayonet looks like its in great condition. I've been looking for one for a while but cant seem to find the right one for the right price.
    Hi,
    what´s the "right price" for a bayonet, made by pool post WWII ?
    I´m really curious, what´s a, (the), fair price for such bayonet would be ...

Cheers,
    R.

?

Reibert,

In Australia these bayonets seem to go for anywhere between $300-$380AUD. The ones I seem to come across have all been messed with in someway. Im still on the hunt for a good one.

Not sure how much in your part of the world.

Alex

MAP
    ?

Nice! One that I've wanted for years. Just haven't studied them enough yet as I know there are lots of fakes out there. All in due time...

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Hi,
    what´s the "right price" for a bayonet, made by pool post WWII ?
    I´m really curious, what´s a, (the), fair price for such bayonet would be ...

Cheers,
    R.
    I would say that a retail price from a dealer for one in good condition would be around £160/170 and upwards, at an auction etc you can get them a bit cheaper. That said as I've got a couple of these already (the Poole one in the pics and a wartime Elkington M/78 made one) I've not looked at the prices for a while so I might be a bit out, they've probably gone up more!!

What do you think about this one, manufactured by ROF POOLE in 1947 ?

Scabbard marked with S.294, (Wilkinson Sword Co.)

There´s a mark on pommel, I cannot read exactly, KSM ?
    What does this marking mean ?

Also I can see the "Broad Arrow"

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.

Lee Enfield No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine.

I´m not really that sure, it´s an K ...

?

Reibert,

I don't own one and don't consider myself to be any sort of expert but it looks good to me, in really good condition. Time Bandit posted a similar one although re blued in 2013. He might be able to tell you if there were any similar pommel markings on his: Jungle enfield bayonet

I've seen a few No 5 bayonets with pommel markings but I can't remember seeing the same KSM marking before. It seems lightly/thinly marked. I imagine it was marked post factory.

Do you own this example or are you looking to buy it?

Alex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast