Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Libyan weapons

Article about: by 3mk Its really interesting to see these weapons being used by Libyan rebels, I wonder how they ended up in Libya. While I dont want to get into politics but I think the Libyan rebels are

?

Default Re: Libyan weapons

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Its really interesting to see these weapons being used by Libyan rebels, I wonder how they ended up in Libya. While I dont want to get into politics but I think the Libyan rebels are very brave fighters
    Left overs from WWII.
    Yea those boys have the odds against them but are stepping up anyway.
    SteveR

4md
    ?

surely theres a chance that the mp38 is DAK that someones had stashed since the war

?

I bet you are right friend.
    SteveR

The MP38 is very nice. Maybe a mag for it would help...

Maybe the man minus his magazine would be better throwing a couple of these (then again maybe not!). I think this site answers 3mk's question.

UK's explosive debt to Libya

Doesn't look like you need any metal detectors or digging in Libya (and no worries about rust or paint, eveything is already sandblasted!) - holiday anyone?

https://picasaweb.google.com/jacques.dewet/Libya2009#

I THINK i have seen a couple Ak-47 in Libya in the news, but i am just not sure (Joke). I think i saw a guy using a K98 in one shot, and a PPSH(Not pics, it was on the telly, so too late .
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The MP38 is very nice. Maybe a mag for it would help...
    He uses it as a club. The rebels might be brave but they are still arabs.
    SteveR

Many of the oddball arms would be from the eras when Libya was under European control-the Italians took Libya from Turkish control in 1912 and remained there till booted out during the war-the British then had great influence under the Libyan monarchy till Gaddafi Duck overthrew it in 1969-he sourced weapons all over with oil money-a great deal of French stuff ended up there especially aircraft also Italian licensed produced Augusta Bell helos-have seen many FN FALs in rebel hands-in very open country like the Western desert the AK is short ranged for the job.

My Dad was there during WW2 at Tobruk with the 9th Div 2AIF-it has been strange seeing a sped up version of the desert war with rapid advances across the desert followed by equally rapid retreats up and down the coast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2