MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Local fresh 1940 PPK Dural

Article about: Local fresh, supposedly the best things are... I'm not even that crazy about the Dural myself, I prefer plain old steel, I like the way it wears and I've never been too fond of the two tone

Default Re: Local fresh 1940 PPK Dural

By far the most positive contribution to this thread yet... ;-)

You know guys, after a quiet moment of reflection outside working, instead of being on the computer when you're supposed to be outside working... I've decided to no longer post or take part in this forum. If a mod wants to delete my account, that's fine. I don't need this in my life. I thought it was the coolest thing when I found this place, but realistically I've made it 50 plus years without it, and I'll be just fine without it.

Anytime you bring up personal feelings here, it seems to really bother people, people so sensitive to any display of human emotions... the same people who study and think about genocide, war and destruction for hours on end, but let someone say they feel sad or disappointed about something, like interaction here, and OMG, where is that "ignore" button?

Like Wagriff said "but sometimes you simply can Not make things good", you have to find that ignore button, and make life good again. As I know, I was sooo out of line in this thread, expressing a little emotion, a little passion for "our" hobby.

If someone wants to point me to the door (I can't figure out a way to opt out of the forum) that would be fine, if a mod has to do it, go ahead and do it.

Best to all.

?

You post a picture of a gun for comments.

You moan you don't have any comments.

You get comments.

You don't enjoy the comments.

You have interest shown n your item to the extent people want more images of it.

You say you don't need to to take any more images.

You spend more time commenting on the comments than the gun.

You then assume the air of a martyr.

Sorry, the above should read drama queen.

Now go back to the top.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    You know guys, after a quiet moment of reflection outside working, instead of being on the computer when you're supposed to be outside working... I've decided to no longer post or take part in this forum. If a mod wants to delete my account, that's fine. I don't need this in my life. I thought it was the coolest thing when I found this place, but realistically I've made it 50 plus years without it, and I'll be just fine without it.

Anytime you bring up personal feelings here, it seems to really bother people, people so sensitive to any display of human emotions... the same people who study and think about genocide, war and destruction for hours on end, but let someone say they feel sad or disappointed about something, like interaction here, and OMG, where is that "ignore" button?

Like Wagriff said "but sometimes you simply can Not make things good", you have to find that ignore button, and make life good again. As I know, I was sooo out of line in this thread, expressing a little emotion, a little passion for "our" hobby.

If someone wants to point me to the door (I can't figure out a way to opt out of the forum) that would be fine, if a mod has to do it, go ahead and do it.

Best to all.
    I agree with all you've said but I will explain how to 'opt out of the forum'

When you turn your computer on each day there is a choice you need to make.

DON'T LOG ON TO THE FORUM.

STOP YOURSELF.

That's how you 'opt out' if you really want. No-one is making YOU 'opt in' so to ask someone to help you not participate is a bit strange when it's your choice.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I also have had posts that nobody replied to,this was my solution.
    Attached Images Attached Images Local fresh 1940 PPK Dural 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

As this thread is a mess, I might as well chime in again, again. Im already embarressed enough, so breaking my wow to not post anymore is by now a moot point.

My sincere apologies to the my Fellow forum members. This was not what I wanted. When it spun out of control, I tried to backpedal, but too late. In retrospect, I should have quit while the going was good after the first post.

I heaped praise on the PPK - it being an iconic beautiful gun and a true Classic and never imagined it could come to this.

As for the MODS; please see my first post in this thread. You have enough on your shoulders and deal with enough ungrateful 'carp' as is and you dont need this of which I unfortunately have a part. Old members should know better and be the calming effect and not the opposite in threads such as this (conscious or not and regardless of whether or not they simply cant predict behaviour out of norm). I of course speak purely for myself and can speak for noone else. This is toe-curling and I regret ever posting in the first place...., but it seemed to me, that the OP invited comments in two consecutive posts.

OP: Adrian sums it up. I could not express it better myself. Prior to his chiming in, I thought I had entered The Twilight Zone. None the less, Im sorry if I came on too harsh. We are just different, that is all. As mentioned, Im learning about interesting variations of guns all the time. Im a mere humble student of guns and have been so for decades (be it as a kid, on the shooting range since I could lift a heavy barrel target bolt action, taking part in various competions and years ago earning a two digit IPSC liscence or be it learning about capture guns via several tours to Iraq and Afghanistan). I hope new variations will keep popping up on the forum. I rue the day, I have seen them all. I would have liked more pics of the gun and thought it a natural request. Be that as it may. We are adults and should be able to regard this in the rear view mirror with a slight smile - and leave it behind us.

I for one bear you no ill will and hope you will 'keep calm and carry on,' as per the old Brit WWII poster.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You post a picture of a gun for comments.

You moan you don't have any comments.

You get comments.

You don't enjoy the comments.

You have interest shown n your item to the extent people want more images of it.

You say you don't need to to take any more images.

You spend more time commenting on the comments than the gun.

You then assume the air of a martyr.

Sorry, the above should read drama queen.

Now go back to the top.
    Adrian, thank you very much. I felt like an alternate Bizarro World had opened before my eyes there for moment.
    Again, I'm embarrased over my part in the ruckus.
    Your comment means a lot. I realize I have a part in this and should not have posted after it was clear, that there was a vast chasm between the POV of the OP and I.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A short note for something people should know on the Forum here. There Is an Ignore feature available here. When you enter a person's user name in it, you will no longer be able to see Anything the person posts afterwards. I have used this feature Once and only once, to remove the extremely annoying rantings and babblings of an irritating and disturbing person. Now, I can't speak for anyone else here, but when a person's posting continually insists on being Deliberately upsetting and annoying, I Do know that this is Not what I come here for. It is akin to watching a TV show that you Really Hate and upsets you. Why? It is not necessary. The Ignore feature solves this problem entirely. Generally, I consider myself a fairly patient person. Many posters on here, for example, are not from my own country and things like this have to be taken into consideration. Perhaps it is just their manner and the way they normally speak, is all. Once you get to know them better, things usually level out just fine. However, when the poster that is the concern Is from my country, it is more difficult to explain or understand pedantic and intentionally childish rantings. I give everyone the benefit of a doubt, but sometimes you simply can Not make things good. When diplomacy fails and a person runs out of options to keep things smooth, it leaves no other choices available. Having said that, unfortunately, I do think it's time that I add my 2nd name to the Ignore list.
    William and I dont always see eye to eye, but I respect him for his knowledge in some of the fields touched upon here.
    I must admit to having deliberately avoided posting in any of his threads nor have I commented or quoted on any of his posts since a certain thread 14 months ago (yes, I went back and checked the date).
    Out of respect for the forum, I deliberately didnt comment on any of his writings in order to avoid any aggrevation or stepped upon toes - and frankly its just not that big of a deal to not comment and to avoid another person - i've managed to do so for 14 months without a hitch or a second thought though he has commented on some of my posts and in the threads I posted in (as well he should. Its a free World and we are both adults and adults gets past the petty stuff. You simply carry on and adjust your demeanor or approach to that person like I did. Its easy). After all, there are far worse things happening in the World and I certainly dont have anybody on the forum on 'ignore' - its simply not enough to make any waves in my hobby of following the interesting posts here on this great forum. I read all competent posts with equal interest no matter the author, as mentioned in a previous post.

The reason, why I now have interaction with any of Williams posts in any way shape or form for the first time in 14 months is in order to clear up a thing, as the OP commented on Williams post above ( William states in 'Location,' that he is in the USA and as I assume he knows where I'm posting from after all this time on the forum as I have stated it before and as William is not a fool).

The OP wrote as follows:

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    By far the most positive contribution to this thread yet... ;-)
    kilomikesierra1960 - I'm European.

?

I read the German helmet section 2-3 times a day time permitting. I might look at other posts in the forum header that peak my interest. I could care less about a PPK but am glad for others who enjoy them. I don't read the firearms section. Not my cup of tea, was directed here as a moderator to check out this utter train wreck of a thread which has long ago ceased to be useful and is now closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3