Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Double Barrell Flare Pistol

Article about: Hey guys, recently picked up this Luftwaffe double-barreled flare gun. I don't know a whole lot about these but overall condition is pretty good a good deal of the brown brownish finish is s

?

Thumbs up

The factory code gpt is for Gustav Bittner Waffenfabrik in Weipert/Sud.
    Those are neat pistols. I have one of each typ of WW 2 German flare pistols including a brass kriegsmarine variant.
    Sarge

It is neat, when I saw it at the auction it was mixed with all manner of random old guns. every guy who went past the table picked it up and started playing with it. I had no cell service. But I was confident it was good to go. bidding opened. and ended with one bid, I was shocked. it was a very good day. its a great piece and it menacing as hell to boot. if someone is becoming involved in shenanigans, they see the business end they would probably leave post haste.
    once I got it home. its amazing great engineering, quality functionality its awesome.

CBH
    ?

I've been cleaning and oiling my two Flare guns for the last couple days , now if the sun comes out I'll take some shots . I have a WWI German with battle damage and a British No 3 Mark I . I thank you for making me oil them !

when can I source some reliable flares of course pending a good gunsmith inspection as its my luck its going to blow up in my face

CBH
    ?

I'd look for an international ship supply Co , as I believe some European Nations still use these large caliber flares . Also with the increase in the collecting of Flare Pistols , I'm sure there'd be a site somewhere devoted to the hobby . Good Luck .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2