Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luger cleaning rod?

Article about: I have just acquired a 1913 Luger for my collection and this came with it. I believe its a cleaning rod for a Luger but have never seen one before. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm

Default Luger cleaning rod?

I have just acquired a 1913 Luger for my collection and this came with it. I believe its a cleaning rod for a Luger but have never seen one before. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this for me and any additional info would be appreciated. It appears to have an early proof mark on it but don't know what it actually represents.
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    All the best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger cleaning rod?   Luger cleaning rod?  

Luger cleaning rod?  

Yes it is a P08 cleaning rod, but as far as i know whey are from Finland; mostly you find them with a small SA stamp here where your stamp is.

The stamp on this rod does not look like the standard SA letters in a rectangle that I would associate with Finland. I would say the stamp on this rod is different.... maybe someone else will know a bit more. Thanks anyway.
    D

I have just found a reference to this being a German cleaning rod and judging by the proof mark on the shaft I would say its definitely German and not Finnish.
    All the best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger cleaning rod?  

So only the stamp is different and style of manufacture is same?

I have never seen a Finnish one, but this one is identical to the one featured in the book and the proof mark appears to be German rather than the SA.
    D

Finland bought commercial .30 cal pattern Lugers from the 1920s on-would have bought the required accessories as well-the Finnish cleaning rods are available very cheaply (the pistols are most assuredly not!).

It's a standard Imperial Army issue cleaning rod for the P08. It's an extraordinary example in that it has an Imperial military acceptance stamp.