Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luger relic

Article about: Hi have been offered this opinions please and a price guide if possible totally not familiar with this type of item.This also comes with an origional relic holster that belongs with it it ha

Default Luger relic

Hi have been offered this opinions please and a price guide if possible totally not familiar with this type of item.This also comes with an origional relic holster that belongs with it it has been welded and cut on barrell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger relic   Luger relic  

Well, its an original piece but it looks like its been roughly cleaned, and most collectors tend to think that relics are best left in as found condition. Relics are very difficult to value as they are all unique and worth different amounts to different people. Personally I wouldnt value this highly, possibly $100 but this is just my opinion, I suspect other members will have different ideas of value. I really think you will have to decide what its worth to you.

You might be interested to note this one on ebay at the moment. Its apaulingly photographed but it might help you decide on a value. ww1/2 german relic | eBay It looks like it will sell for a lot.

Doug

Hi that is one nice relic for sale wonder how much it will make till it gets pulled by ebay please. That relic is a bit over cleaned now I see what your saying he wants about 170 pounds for it inc postage I really dont know now!!! Lol

Hi,
    Nice old pistol but i cant see the point of welding and cutting the barrel, as nature does the deactivation
    and there is not much left of it.
    Dave.

Luger relic

This is my one - originally a 1918 Erfurt, Post WW1 the Luger was re worked for use in the German police force. This is evident from the “Circle S” stamp by the frame serial number and more importantly the magazine safety cut to the frame.

Even as a relic they can still tell a story…

The toggle still moves and the firing pin clicks, It was still quite capable of firing a round before it was deactivated.......

Very nice.

Think im going to pass on the one offered as im starting to see better ones out there. Was 212 euros inc delivery and relic holster that it was with but I question its condition if it were I a holster.

Luger relicLuger relicLuger relic

A Few more pictures to give an idea on the corrosion.

The front of the hand grip had been given a little weld as apparently it was extremely thin. its not to obvious in the flesh.

Looks like an erfurt. It has a chamber date of 1918. It is WWI. These were still used in WWII.
    Great looking relic..

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Well, price is very different in every country and also every country has different laws about the firearms. For example in some countries it is prohibited to sell any firearm parts like gun barrel, lock etc does not matter how rusty they are.

If You live in EU and Your local laws are same than for example in Germany or Austria why not to buy a deactivated Luger in very good condition? Well, it will cost more than 200 pounds but for 500-600 euros You will get a very nice example and not a rusty relic. Deactivated weapons also come with official certificate so there will be no problem with local police.