Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luger Unit Marking Help

Article about: Hi everyone, I have just purchased my first ever Luger, the first time i have ever handled one too, i just have a quick question it has a Unit marking on it if anyone would be able to tell m

Default Luger Unit Marking Help

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased my first ever Luger, the first time i have ever handled one too, i just have a quick question it has a Unit marking on it if anyone would be able to tell me what they mean at all, and who the luger was assigned too? thanks for your time, here is the picture of the marking:

It is probably Pistol number 50 of the 8th Company of 2nd Reserve Regiment. As far as I can tell, this regiment was part of the 15th reserve division which was part of the Imperial German 4th Army.

It's a Weimar era Reichswehr marking indicating Second Company, Reiter Regiment 8, Weapon number 30.

Many thanks, that would explain allot, The Luger is a DWM 1921 Weimar period with waa4 weimar drop wing acceptance stamps on the right, will post full pictures soon, once again thanks for all your help

A pity you didn't say in your original posting it was dated post WW1. For comparison here is a unit marking on my Gew98 of the 29th Regiment.

Luger Unit Marking Help