Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M 1911 A1 US Army

Article about: Hi everyone, I am looking for informations about this M 1911 A1 US Army from Ithaca. The serial number indicates that it has left the factory in 1943. But I do not understand why it is in si

?

Default M 1911 A1 US Army

Hi everyone,

I am looking for informations about this M 1911 A1 US Army from Ithaca.

The serial number indicates that it has left the factory in 1943. But I do not understand why it is in silver color and why the grips have the Colt logo. Maybe from an officer?

Could you tell me more?

Thank you very much for your answers!

M 1911 A1 US ArmyM 1911 A1 US ArmyM 1911 A1 US ArmyM 1911 A1 US ArmyM 1911 A1 US ArmyM 1911 A1 US Army

?

Somebody ruined it . A lot of soldiers chromed these and other weapons after the war . Gary

Gary is correct.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Sad to read that, thank you for your answers!

Any idea about its value ?

?

In this condition I would say half of what an original would go for . It's still a 1911 and some people like the chrome look.

?

Thank you both for your answers! At least it's an uncommon 1911...

MAP
    ?

Ruined from a collectors perspective but still the best designed handgun in the world (yup I'm biased like heck).

For me, while no collector value left, the taboo has been lifted so it would be a great gun to go out and shoot the heck out of!

While we would all like to see it in its original state (and it hurts to see this done to it), I think it still looks great and well taken care of. The chrome job appears to be very well done.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you for you message Michael!

It will for sure be a great gun to "shoot the heck off" !

This gun was given to me by my father who bought it 25 years ago, but I will try to find a 100% original one in a next futur.

Thank you all!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Waban View Post
    Thank you for you message Michael!

It will for sure be a great gun to "shoot the heck off" !

This gun was given to me by my father who bought it 25 years ago, but I will try to find a 100% original one in a next futur.

Thank you all!
    I'm sure 45 ammo is expensive over there, but at least you live in a country that respects the rights of their citizens and allows you to shoot such a wonderful firearm. There is a certain hard to define feeling you get when shooting a 45 vs a pop gun like the 9mm. Don't get me wrong, I love my 9mm H & K USP but the 45 just demands respect...

Enjoy it. I know I do.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Over in the UK the value doesn't decrease at all on chromed Deacts.............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast