Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 carbine for christmas

Article about: by guns ltd .... a straight stock would be more WWII. Sorry, I notice these things. Gave me a heart attack ! I'd never heard this before and had to dash to the cupboard to dig out my deact c

Default M1 carbine for christmas

My good lady got me this 1944 M1 carbine manuf by I.B.M,hopefully it will live in my U.S.M.C jeep when its done.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 carbine for christmas   M1 carbine for christmas  

M1 carbine for christmas  

Great looking carbine, you lucky sod!....

ah brings back memories,great little guns..i had 5 of those before Australia changed its gun laws

[Great looking carbine, you lucky sod!....]

I thought that myself Paul,ive seen them going up in price and this was £350 from a well respected dealer,rather cheap i thought,the wife wouldnt get me a mp30 though as well.

?

Congrats.
    Carbines rock.
    Your blurry pics s***s big time, but then we all know what a United States Carbine, Caliber .30, M1 looks like
    I happen to like these a lot.
    I assume your M1 Carbine is neutered?
    Many moons ago my GF's dad passed and I bought his M1 Carbine from the estate. One (1) mint condition pristine as brand new General Motors Inland Division (so pretty generic carbine) with original strap and oiler and with two US ammo tins with thousands of rounds in each can and 10-15 brand new mags most of them still in grease paper for less than £110. One gun permit later, I was happy and shot that little carbine to my hearts content.
    Ive fired thousands of rounds through it rolling cans along the ground - its an instinctive shooter (at least for me) and the negliglible recoil makes for very quick follow-up shots.
    I like the M1 carbine a LOT.
    Shooting and handling the handy little carbine, I certainly understood why GIs would ditch their heavy Garands (another favourite of mine) and carry the carbine for jungle fighting and Island hopping back then.
    In a steamy jungle where every ounce you carry matters, the lithe carbine is the weapon to carry.
    They might have had to shoot a charging enemy a couple of times more, but the lack of weight and extra mag capacity clearly made it worth for the jungle fighters back then.

As you say Scout my pics are pants and the guns no longer as other men but a great looking thing none the less,are m4 bayonets with leather grips cheap in the states,i can only see one for sale over here and its the equivalent of $250.

?

I love M1 carbines - have 3 myself (an Inland, a National Postal Meter and a Rock-ola). They are filled with history as most parts were marked by the manufacturer/sub-manufacturer and with the proper references you can tell where all the parts were made.

I can't tell by the pics - it looks to be a mix of early and late features so I assume it went through at least one re-build...as 98% of the carbines did. Congrats! Have fun with her!!

Thanks very much,as you say usually a salad of parts but not repro so ok with me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 carbine for christmas  

?

Quote by MarkV View Post
    it looks to be a mix of early and late features so I assume it went through at least one re-build...as 98% of the carbines did. Congrats! Have fun with her!!
    My GM is untampered with and basically wasnt touched/tampered with let alone shot since it left the factory during WWII and to the day I got it years ago

Quote by wrecker View Post
    Thanks very much,as you say usually a salad of parts but not repro so ok with me.
    I know where one of those WWII rifle brackets are - now I just need the vehicle to go with it
    (I wish it was the other way around - that I already had the vehicle and only needed the bracket).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast