Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 carbine for christmas

Article about: by guns ltd .... a straight stock would be more WWII. Sorry, I notice these things. Gave me a heart attack ! I'd never heard this before and had to dash to the cupboard to dig out my deact c

?

Quote by wrecker View Post
    Excellent GIF!
    I like how the brutish Browning BAR extends out the other side of the vehicle!!!
    Faboulous gun.

i dont know if anyones forced a boys .55 in there before that would stick out even more.

Love these. M1 carbines are my thing.
    Looks good mate.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Thanks John,what do you think about bayonet prices?

Hi wrecker! Wow that's a nice gift to receive! I really like the carbines myself, they are a lot of fun to shoot. And researching all the parts is interesting. Regarding the ww2 m4 bayonets I usually see them selling for $100-150 depending on the maker. There were 9 different makers of the leather handled variety.

I agree with Saginaw about the prices of Bayonets. You want a leather handle one for the era. Their are a lot of plastic handle ones around. They were Vietnam issue. Do you have any pictures of the top of your carbine. ( Receiver area, I am looking for the M@ switch slot. If it has one.) The reason I ask is from the pictures you have it looks like the stock is what we call a pot belly one. ( look in front of the magazine on the lower part of the stock. From the side it looks like a pot belly.) These were later issue from post WWII and were mainly M2 stocks. It is not a problem, but a straight stock would be more WWII. Sorry, I notice these things. I hope this information helps.
    John

I've got a M2 which was converted to M1 spec for the UK market prior to the 1988 change of law. It's one type I've never had the pleasure to shoot but from how it feels as a deact, I think I'd be very happy. I think I could plink all day with out the worry of how much the ammo is costing!!

Here we are John some better pics and as you like lugars my 1916 that took a hit in the breech and blew the trigger of as well as bending the frame.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 carbine for christmas   M1 carbine for christmas  

M1 carbine for christmas   M1 carbine for christmas  

M1 carbine for christmas  

Those are the pictures I was looking for. The stock still looks like a pot bell.You can see the swoop from the trigger guard to the under side of the forearm. It did take a good ding in the stock on the upper reciever area. Still looks like a good carbine. If it were mine. I would look for some replacement wood for it. It will display better. Just my opinion. Your luger looks interesting . Any history behind it???

Thanks for that John,im happy with the wood work as it will rattle about in the rifle rack in the jeep but i will keep my eye out for some wood work to keep in stock for the future.
    The lugar came from a boot sale [swop meet] some years ago for pennies,no history,i will take it out of the frame when i get my new camera up and running,the damage is quite amusing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast