Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

M1 Carbine newbie...

Article about: My cousin Marco got in on the action as well:

Default Re: M1 Carbine newbie...

Quote by MarkV View Post
    No sweat, Joe. I sent you a PM. Just pay it forward my friend - help someone out along the road when you are a position to do it. Keep the spirit of collecting alive!
    You have my word, I will pay it forward. At the very least, tell me your shirt size!

Also, remember that final adjustments for vertical strike was made by filing the front sight down. So, when someone else got the carbine,The front sight was typically changed if needed and resighted. Others might not feel the same but close counts for my shooting. I'm not worried about hitting the center of the bulls eye - just that I hit the torso on the target consistently.
    I did not know this! THANKS!

This is my girlfriend by the way. I'll make sure to let you know how she responds to the "clutter" you're sending me for my "toy".

Luckily, she tolerates my hobby as long as it makes me happy. I'm taking her shooting sometime soon...

?

Great picture, Joe!!! Tell her not to get mad at me!!!

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Great picture, Joe!!! Tell her not to get mad at me!!!
    It's inevitable... that's her mad face... I see it daily.

?

Just remember the motto as you move forward with relationships: Happy wife. Happy life.

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Just remember the motto as you move forward with relationships: Happy wife. Happy life.
    True words of wisdom!

Went out and shot my carbine again today!

This is a grouping at 50yards I put together sitting down/ resting my elbows on a table.

This is a grouping at 50yards I made after running around for a little bit and standing up while shooting. A LOT more difficult than I thought...

The President of the gun club saw me shooting and asked if he could fire off a few rounds.

?

Great work!! Standing is never easy - your breathing really has a magnified effect. That's normally what causes your verticle dispersion - assuming consistent aim point. Horizontal dispersion typically comes from jerking the trigger and pulling off the target too soon. You're doing really well for just a few times shooting the carbine.

Great gun, Gizmo.............!

I have an 'M2' but it has been welded up so it will not chamber or fire rounds.
    This is called 'Dewat' here. I used to own another about twenty years ago,
    both Inland models. Everything is mint to excellent on her,
    except the welds !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Carbine newbie...   M1 Carbine newbie...  

M1 Carbine newbie...  
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Great gun, Gizmo.............!

I have an 'M2' but it has been welded up so it will not chamber or fire rounds.
    This is called 'Dewat' here. I used to own another about twenty years ago,
    both Inland models. Everything is mint to excellent on her,
    except the welds !
    Wow Steve! You have a great looking carbine! So clean looking! Did you buy it deactivated, or did you have to get it "dewat" yourself in accordance with the law?

I took my girlfriend shooting for the first time today. She didn't have the time of her life by any means... and she was bothered by the louder rifles being shot around us and their concussion really unnerved her. In the end, I think she did enjoy herself, and we even got a little competitive! She did pretty well for her first time!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast