Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m1 folding stock paratrooper carbine

Article about: HI Jay, make me feel old remembering those kind of prices. When the Law changed here banning live semi auto rifles, I had the choice of having it completely destroyed or having it de-activat

Default m1 folding stock paratrooper carbine

Hi there

i am thinking of buying one of these, is there something that i should be aware of? are there fakes going around or doctored rifles e.g folded stocks added to make them more valuable? I have seen one for sale for about £1300 is this the going rate? Any help would be really appreciated, ta

Default Re: m1 folding stock paratrooper carbine

Hi Jamie, fakes of these are legion! Tread carefully!

Cheers, Ade.

I had a reproduction one a while back. Look out for "Plainfield" on the receiver. There was no such thing as a Plainfield M1A1 Carbine during the war, these are just postwar reproduction shooters. Not very many of these were made during the war. I think the vast majority of them were manufactured by Inland in 1942-1943 but I could be wrong.

If you find one, just post it on here and someone will help you out. It's a case by case thing.

thanks for your comments

thanks for the reply ade, i think i will leave well alone in that case, i have also fancied a garand, do you know of any pitfalls with them?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jamie, fakes of these are legion! Tread carefully!

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks for that ade, i will leave well alone in that case, i have also fancied a garand do you know of any pitfalls with these? ta

Some of the Garands out there are imported/built by Century Arms Intl, and make sure to use USGI ammo, not Modern 30-06, Buy one through the CMP.

I think Inland made all of the M1A1 carbines. They're rarer than hen's teeth now, with the few CMP has left being auctioned off. The going rate is anywhere between $1,000.00 and $1,500.00. As an aside, a USMC M-40 sniper rifle is currently up to $10,800 on the CMP auction site.

Dusty

Hi Jamie, Garands are a much safer buy.

But they are not that common in the UK anymore. You will find some for sale, but not a huge choice.

Mine cost me £85 "on ticket" back in the good old days. Long gone now of course...

Cheers, Ade.

Wow Ade, that sure throws salt in the old increasing price wounds. I'm must too young to remember those prices, well maybe not. Jamie, once again depending on what you want, WWII correct, or a parts gun, you really need to read up before you buy. There are many of Greek M1s coming onto the market right now. They are in the $600 range for rack grade. They are fine but mostly parts guns from the 1950's and 60's. They're still bonified Garands though and shoot nicely. Get on Scott Duff's website and start reading. You can get drawing numbers to figure out what you're buying. If you're really serious go buy Scott's, "The Garand Owners Manual". Most comprehensive book there is in my opinion.

Good luck,
    Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast