Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

m1 folding stock paratrooper carbine

Article about: HI Jay, make me feel old remembering those kind of prices. When the Law changed here banning live semi auto rifles, I had the choice of having it completely destroyed or having it de-activat

Default Re: m1 folding stock paratrooper carbine

HI Jay, make me feel old remembering those kind of prices. When the Law changed here banning live semi auto rifles, I had the choice of having it completely destroyed or having it de-activated. I chose the latter option and it really annoyed me at the time. Cost £30 to have it cut. I later sold it for £250. It was Springfield made and numbered around 1,185,000. Barrel was replaced in '52. Now they are around £1000. They can only be held as deacts here.

Cheers, Ade.

M-1's can be purchased here through the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program, run by the U.S. gov't) if you're qualified to do so. A field grade M-1 can be purchased for $495.00. My wife is buying me a service grade M-1 for Christmas this year. $595.00 gives you a choice of either a Springfield Armory or Harrington & Richardson manufactured rifle. $200.00 more will get you a Winchester manufactured rifle.

Dusty

thanks for all the comments guys

really appreciate it !!!!

?

M1A1s were only produced by Inland Manufacturing - one on the 9 companies that produced carbines under contract to the Government during WWII. There were abot 140,000 produced - in two runs. The first was late '42 through late '43 and the seconed was May through December '44. But, during post-WWII re-arsenal work, other manufacturers were used and slipped into the M1A1 stocks. Generally, serial numbers can be used to identify "original" M1A1s.

As Ade said, there are lots of fake stocks out there - as well as aftermarket manufactured ones. Originals pop up, but they command pretty stiff prices.

I think the only real concern in the Garands is to ensure that you are getting the correct era of production that you want. Since they were produced into the 1950s, you have to check the manufacturer/serial number to make sure the receiver was a WWII production number, if that's what you are looking for. Many have had parts repleced - as is normal when they are used and abused. So, having later parts isn't necessarily bad, as long as they are USGI. It just means the Garand saw some action..or at least a lot of use.

?

Here's one that appears to be legit and as the Col. said with a price tag to what I see as the norm for these

Make Ready Forum

thanks for the information, thats very helpful.
    jamie

?

I have just found this forum in the last few days. Hope don't offend any one, but I have to say this, " Happiness is a warm M1".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2