Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 Garand from 1943

Article about: Gentlemen, Quoting the rifleman´s creed: "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my

Default M1 Garand from 1943

Gentlemen,

Quoting the rifleman´s creed:

"This is my rifle.
    There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend.
    It is my life.
    I must master it as I must master my life.
    Etc."

This is an unmolested, untouched sample of a wartime Springfield M1 rifle, manufactured around october-november 1943. All parts, serial and heat numbers match 100%.

I bought it from a spanish hunter from Andalucia who bought it many years ago from an american military stationed at the Moron airbase, and had stored it because he "it was too rude" to shoot compared to his other weapons. The hunter knew it was a military weapon, but not much more. I payed about 200 U.S. dollars for it in 2001.

The nicest part is that it is live, not deactivated. In Spain, caliber 30.06 is considered a hunting ammo. True you cannot have a weapon that loads 8 bullets, but I did not tell them when I got the license and the authorities did not bother to find out. I only have only shot the rifle once, and it was absolutely incredible.

I hope you like it.

Regards,

Gus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand from 1943   M1 Garand from 1943  

M1 Garand from 1943   M1 Garand from 1943  

Default Re: M1 Garand from 1943

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand from 1943   M1 Garand from 1943  

Absolutely beautiful.

Hey Gus, that's a cracker!!!

This is my favourite rifle of ww2!! Your a lucky guy to have picked up such a nice, unmessed with original!! Nice that all the numbers match......Mmmmm, wish i owned that baby!! Tell me, when you did fire it, was it single shots, or did you go semi auto 'til the clip went....'CHING!!!' Heh, Heh, bloody great!!

Deeply Impressed, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Brian Childress View Post
    Absolutely beautiful.
    Brian,

Thanks for your compliment. This is the favourite of the modest collection of weapons I have. And the only live weapon, the rest are deactivated.

Regards,

Gus

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hey Gus, that's a cracker!!!

This is my favourite rifle of ww2!! Your a lucky guy to have picked up such a nice, unmessed with original!! Nice that all the numbers match......Mmmmm, wish i owned that baby!! Tell me, when you did fire it, was it single shots, or did you go semi auto 'til the clip went....'CHING!!!' Heh, Heh, bloody great!!

Deeply Impressed, Ned.
    Ned,

I had high hopes when I saw the photos of the weapon, but when I had it in my hands and was able to check every piece with the book wiritten by Scott Duff about the M1 , I was stunned. Every piece was correct, even the barrel. And all of them in a very nice condition. It was like winning the lottery.

I bought bullets to fire ten 8 round clips. And I tell you the sense of power you deliver while shooting is amazing. You can tear a person in two if you shoot several well aimed shots. The clouds of dust behind the target when the bullets hit the ground were quite big. And the kickback was relatively low. The only problem I had is that I am left handed, so I aim with weapons to my left side. The clip ejects really hard, and I had to be careful not to have my cheek in the way of the bolt when it happened. The empty cartridges also eject with quite a high speed, but the clip ejection is quite impressive.

With the M1 you can only shoot projectiles one by one (it will only fire one shot when the trigger is pulled) but you can fire the eight shots really fast depending of the speed of your finger pulling the trigger repeatedly.

Regards,

Gus
    Last edited by guscanoesp; 06-06-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Gus...........................you lucky so and so

amazing, thanks

Talking Re: M1 Garand from 1943

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Gus...........................you lucky so and so

amazing, thanks
    John,

Thanks for the comment. Anyway, for every lucky find or purchase while collecting militaria, I have had an unlucky one, so we can say I am even.

Regards,

Gus

hi gus,
    what a lovely looking rifle, you are very lucky to own and fire it.
    We can only get deacs here in england, and they arnt cheap, but i would love one in my collection. thanks for showing it.
    dave.

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    for every lucky find or purchase while collecting militaria, I have had an unlucky one, so we can say I am even.Regards

I hear that Gus.....................We've all been there mate

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast