Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M1 Garand from 1943

Article about: Gentlemen, Quoting the rifleman´s creed: "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my

Default Re: M1 Garand from 1943

Unbelievable, Fantastic!! Very lucky to have this fine example of what General Patton called " the greatest single battle implement ever devised by man "

The one I own is an H & R post war WW2 Korean war rifle, and have shot about a 1,000 rounds through her, no problems.

I would not store your rifle with the canvas muzzle cover on it. A long time ago I had a M1 carbine that started rusting under the canvas cover. The rifle was thoroughly cleaned and oiled, so I think the canvas was maybe treated with something that caused this, like MRT. So just to be on the safe side........

Enjoy her, she's beautiful!!!
    Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Unbelievable, Fantastic!! Very lucky to have this fine example of what General Patton called " the greatest single battle implement ever devised by man "

The one I own is an H & R post war WW2 Korean war rifle, and have shot about a 1,000 rounds through her, no problems.

I would not store your rifle with the canvas muzzle cover on it. A long time ago I had a M1 carbine that started rusting under the canvas cover. The rifle was thoroughly cleaned and oiled, so I think the canvas was maybe treated with something that caused this, like MRT. So just to be on the safe side........

Enjoy her, she's beautiful!!!
    Regards, Steve

Steve,

Thanks for your comments and for the tip. I´ll remove the canvas cover right away!!

Best regards,

Gus

dvl
    ?

My apologies, but I will decline to post photos here as I wish to retain the rights to my pictures. I think I may have some photos on another board that I may be able to link.

dvl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3