Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 Garand

Article about: by lithgow Normandie-I assume that the rifle is legal in Norway as a firing weapon with the right sort of permit-why would you have to deactivate it to sell it? Excuse me, but why do you ass

Default M1 Garand

This guy contacted me about selling his grandfather's M1 Garand winchester.
    I don't know the serial yet, but he'll tell me soon.
    To me it looks way to good to be made in 1943, what do you guys think?

It is not deactivated, but I don't want to deactivate it eighter, since we don't see these so often anymore :/

Thanks!

M1 GarandM1 GarandM1 GarandM1 GarandM1 GarandM1 GarandM1 GarandM1 GarandM1 GarandM1 GarandM1 Garand

Ps. the K98 bayonett is rebuild by the norwegian army

?

Default Re: M1 Garand

I'm just wishing I knew of a way to import it!! Wow!!

I am not sure if the sling is original, I have not seen such an M1 Garand in that shape to be honest.
    To bad I need to deactivate it, god bless America they say. The land of the free and something that I can't remember.

One thing you never know about these guns are that, have them been in combat, have they've seen any action, or have they been stored in an armory?

Not sure of the slings country origin but it's correct for a Garand that saw postwar use. It's terrible that you'll have to deactivate it but it's better than having it melted down. Winchester M1's are less common than the Springfield counterparts, at least in America they are, not sure how that comes into play in Norway.

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Not sure of the slings country origin but it's correct for a Garand that saw postwar use. It's terrible that you'll have to deactivate it but it's better than having it melted down. Winchester M1's are less common than the Springfield counterparts, at least in America they are, not sure how that comes into play in Norway.
    All Garands are "less common" in Norway, as a matter of fact, any garand is rarely seen on the market, I've seen 3-4 for sale in my now 6 years of collecting, they are highly sought after. There is a rumor that the Norwegian King's guards had 10 000 of them, and destroyed them all, they still use them for drills, parades etc, but that would explain why there are so few(If it is true). There are plenty of Garand bayonets for sale here though, at pretty low prices.

As far as I know, Winchester only produced M1 Garands during WW2, not postwar, but it would still be nice to get the serial number to put a manufacture date on it.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

As far as the condition goes it's probably been reconditioned post WW2-many different weapons were and then supplied to US allies in Europe under the Mutual Aid Programme-one of the first things the FN factory in Belgium did after the liberation was to refurbish US weapons.

Looks like a beautiful condition arsenal rework post war Garand. If it's not already a deact, it would be a crime to kill it now. There are plenty of already silenced Garands out there to choose from-why chop this one?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My father was issued the Garand, when he was serving with the Norwegian UN contigent, in Ghaza in 1956.

All the best
    Stig Erik

Normandie-I assume that the rifle is legal in Norway as a firing weapon with the right sort of permit-why would you have to deactivate it to sell it?

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    As far as the condition goes it's probably been reconditioned post WW2-many different weapons were and then supplied to US allies in Europe under the Mutual Aid Programme-one of the first things the FN factory in Belgium did after the liberation was to refurbish US weapons.
    I agree with Lithgow and Wagriff. Judging from the different shades of the parkerizing it looks like a post WW II rework. Winchester Garand's are highly desirable here in the states. The sling also looks correct for the Garand but cant tell if it is US made or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast